Ford Inside News banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2018 Jaguar XF Sportbrake Leaks Ahead of Andy Murray's Reveal
We can officially say we beat the world's number one tennis player to the punch at something

The Drive
, By Chris Tsui, June 13 2017

autotijd.be

Officially set to make its debut Wednesday with help from British tennis superstar Andy Murray, the Jaguar XF Sportbrake wagon has prematurely shown its expectedly pretty face in a set of leaked photos courtesy of our friends over at autotijd.be. Take that, Andy.

Looking a lot better than the other five-door luxury car that debuted today, Jag's XF Sportbrake sports the same dapperly sinister design from the B-pillar forwards. Around back is obviously where it gets interesting. The modern, gorgeous shooting brake design gets a prominent-yet-elegant horizontal chrome piece that integrates seamlessly with the car's white reverse lights. The new taillights themselves resemble an oversize set of tails lifted from the F-Type rather than the XF sedan's.

Also spotted is a large, panoramic roof that looks like it spans most, if not all of the wagon's ceiling.

Previous reports indicate that the XF Sportbrake will be available with all of the powertrain options as offered with the XF sedan. In other words, the Sportbrake will be available with your choice of a 2.0-liter turbo-four, supercharged 3.0-liter V-6, or the 2.0-liter diesel as seen in today's leaked pics.

What do you think of Jaguar's new XF Sportbrake? More importantly, who's gonna buy the standard four-door XF now that a more beautiful and utilitarian option is here?

Andy Murray Will Reveal Jaguar XF Sportbrake Wagon on June 14th

JaguarUSA

·
Registered
866 Posts
Absolutely beautiful!!!! We need more wagons in the US like this, not the lifted and boddy cladding at SUV wannabes.
Agreed! The current wisdom here is that sedans are dead and wagons are buried. I think that exciting sedans and wagons are a dying breed. This Jag looks exciting.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Agreed! The current wisdom here is that sedans are dead and wagons are buried. I think that exciting sedans and wagons are a dying breed. This Jag looks exciting.
The last wave of wagons that were offered in the US were pretty **** boring.

If we had more stuff like that Jag offered here I bet wagons would be a tad bit more popular. No I don't think there would have been a massive resurgence but at least better than how they went out. Who knows with this whole crossover craze there could be some market for wagons again in the near future.

·
Registered
750 Posts
The regular XF has pretty poor sales I can only imagine how few these will sell, maybe they’ll get a few prospective F-Pace buyers but I doubt many will go for this. Jaguar really needs to up their game when it comes to their interiors, they were doing well a few years back but these newest models are just a bit too cold to be associated with Jaguar.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Ford already sells one of the best wagons you can buy....

Most people prefer sexy to strange! The Flex isn't ugly, but it's neither sexy nor graceful in design. It's surely a great vehicle for those who prioritize utility over design.

·
Super Moderator
7,893 Posts
Most people prefer sexy to strange! The Flex isn't ugly, but it's neither sexy nor graceful in design. It's surely a great vehicle for those who prioritize utility over design.
Really!?!?!?!

And F-150 borrowed some of the Flex stylings at the front end.

And did the 2018 Flex just get LED tail lamps? Time to check the order guide...Flex Limited!

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Sexy or strange is a POV.
Strange to me, is buying a wagon, that compromises utility and space. IOW, why freaking bother.
It is called having the "choice".

Having both a wagon and SUV in the driveway, I do not feel any compromises with the wagon at all. In fact it is a pleasure to have a vehicle satisfy the "I wanna have some driving fun" desire , which for me I do not get driving a high center of gravity vehicle.

If driving dynamics is not your priority than stay away from low riding, road eating vehicles and get the high riders. Choice is good IMO.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts