Ford Inside News banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
hopefully, but maybe not since they won't want to upstage the unveiling at the LA Auto Show, but who knows.
The cars are going to be unveiled a couple of weeks AFTER beginning the ordering process. THAT is the weird thing here.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The initial order for the 09 F-150 was scheduled to open 5-16, the order guides were released 5-21 and the initial orders actually started on 5-28.

The dates are subject to change.

Ford is trying to move the release of new vehicles closer to the actual production and sale date.

·
Registered
12 Posts
is anyone aware of if the 4-door sedan pictures we've seen from Europe as well as the 5-door is going to be just like Europe's design?? I hope so , i think it will be a hit. Also I wonder what trim levels there might be for the U.S. Also, I hope they color-key the mirrors and door handles for the states and offer some chrome accents. Any comments or info. would be appreciated

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Job 1 date - 2010 Fusion/Milan/MKZ ...Job1.1=Feb?

Job 1 12/23/08

Initial Orders 10/16/08
HOWEVER...

LeftlaneNews - Ford to idle Mexico sedan plant despite new model launch

It’s very rare that an automaker will shut down a factory just a month after the launch of an all-new product line, but that is exactly what Ford intends to do in order to keep supply in line with demand. The Michigan automaker announced on Friday that it will be idling its Hermosillo, Mexico plant for the entire month of January...

a bit more...

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
^^ I read about that earlier today 2b2. Seems kind of strange to me and I can't believe that they have a 150 day supply of Mercury Milan's and a 229 day supply of Lincoln Zephyrs.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
...I can't believe that they have a 150 day supply of Mercury Milan's and a 229 day supply of Lincoln Zephyrs.
I wonder if that includes cars waiting in Hermosillo ready to be shipped

&
LMdealer,
sorta-always wondered - if when the first of a particular vehicle arrives at the showroom,
is it or can it ever be "held" or not-for-sale until supplies start to come in?
so that potential buyers have one to look at in person...
(I've seen many posts about about certain hot-or-performance models not being allowed to be test-driven < different situation)

edit
forgot to specifically ask
Do you know if you'll get ONE earlier than March?
re-edit
the way the dates sound to me, None will be built before Feb
cuz the original Job1 date was when the Crimmas vacation was supposed to start, I think

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
LMdealer,
sorta-always wondered - if when the first of a particular vehicle arrives at the showroom,
is it or can it ever be "held" or not-for-sale until supplies start to come in?
so that potential buyers have one to look at in person...
Hi 2b2.. I'm not LMdealer but I think I can answer your question. When I was shopping for my Sable I went to my local dealer and I found an '08 Sable in the very back of the lot along with a few Mariners and both the Sable and the Mariners had stickers in the side windows saying that the vehicle is a new model not for sale yet just available for viewing and about a month later when I went back that same Sable and one of the Mariners were in the showroom and both had a window sticker and they were for sale.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts