Ford Inside News banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DEARBORN, Mich., – Ford Motor Company U.S. sales of 212,236 vehicles increased 10 percent over a year ago for the best July in eight years. Retail sales of 162,028 vehicles are up 7 percent.

"July proved to be a very good month for Ford and Lincoln with positive gains across the board in all the major segments" said John Felice, Ford vice president, U.S. Marketing, Sales and Service. "Escape and Fusion were big contributors to our sales increases, with both setting July sales records. F-Series again topped the 60,000-vehicle sales mark and we’re seeing great initial demand for our launch vehicles, such as the Transit Connect, Transit Connect Wagon and the Lincoln MKC as availability builds."

Ford Fusion set an all-time monthly sales record in July with 23,942 cars sold, a gain of 17 percent. The West region of the United States continues to drive Fusion sales higher, with a 24 percent retail increase relative to a 22 percent increase nationally.

Ford Explorer sales are up 32 percent with 16,797 vehicles sold, for the vehicle’s best July since 2005. Ford Escape sales are up 19 percent, setting an all-time performance record for July.

Ford F-Series sales are up 5 percent with 63,240 trucks sold, a number achieved with the lowest incentives of the three largest pickup truck manufacturers.

Lincoln sales of 7,863 vehicles are up 14 percent, giving the brand its best July result in six years. Stock for Lincoln MKC is expanding and momentum is building, with 1,534 vehicles sold in July.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Where are all the Ford and Lincoln haters now?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Yes, very good month for Ford. I wonder if the F-150 will be able to maintain that sales pace once they shut down 1 factory at a time for retooling.^

I know Lincoln wanted to start it slow with the MKC to prevent problems like the MKZ but its been in production since late May if I'm not mistaken. Why haven't they ramped up production?

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
DEARBORN, Mich., – Ford Motor Company U.S. sales of 212,236 vehicles increased 10 percent over a year ago for the best July in eight years. Retail sales of 162,028 vehicles are up 7 percent.

"July proved to be a very good month for Ford and Lincoln with positive gains across the board in all the major segments" said John Felice, Ford vice president, U.S. Marketing, Sales and Service. "Escape and Fusion were big contributors to our sales increases, with both setting July sales records. F-Series again topped the 60,000-vehicle sales mark and we’re seeing great initial demand for our launch vehicles, such as the Transit Connect, Transit Connect Wagon and the Lincoln MKC as availability builds."

Ford Fusion set an all-time monthly sales record in July with 23,942 cars sold, a gain of 17 percent. The West region of the United States continues to drive Fusion sales higher, with a 24 percent retail increase relative to a 22 percent increase nationally.

Ford Explorer sales are up 32 percent with 16,797 vehicles sold, for the vehicle’s best July since 2005. Ford Escape sales are up 19 percent, setting an all-time performance record for July.

Ford F-Series sales are up 5 percent with 63,240 trucks sold, a number achieved with the lowest incentives of the three largest pickup truck manufacturers.

Lincoln sales of 7,863 vehicles are up 14 percent, giving the brand its best July result in six years. Stock for Lincoln MKC is expanding and momentum is building, with 1,534 vehicles sold in July.
SALES TABLE
wow, Lincoln numbers are a bit worrying!
all models are down, if Lincoln is up is for the MKC

- - - - - - - -

.Pdf attachment
http://www.fordinsidenews.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18489&d=1438623938

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
^ Thanks Jose for the chart. MKX appears to be holding it's own with the MKC coming along. The Navigator should pick up once the refreshed version debuts in a couple of months. The MKS sales are dismal, I'm thinking they should produce and release the new version before the MKX.

·
Registered
42 Posts
SALES TABLE
wow, Lincoln numbers are a bit worrying!
all models are down, if Lincoln is up is for the MKC
Are you kidding? Nothing worrying at all about those numbers, everything is holding its own except the MKS but who cares a new one is around the corner.

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Any surprise really? Cadillac is how you don't make a luxury car.
Cadillac makes good products, that can't be denied.
But increasing sales for them will be a huge hurdle with 2 other luxury brands for customers to choose from, and the fact they don't have adequate CUV's in their mix.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Cadillac makes good products, that can't be denied.
But increasing sales for them will be a huge hurdle with 2 other luxury brands for customers to choose from, and the fact they don't have adequate CUV's in their mix.
Copying the Germans is not how you make a luxury car Lincoln is up and Cadillac is down and that is how it will be. People don't want a copy cat product.

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Copying the Germans is not how you make a luxury car Lincoln is up and Cadillac is down and that is how it will be. People don't want a copy cat product.
Copying well established brands from a country is one way of establishing a luxury brand. Few vehicles are created in a vacuum, and everyone keeps a close eye on what works and what don't.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Is interesting to see how Lincoln and Cadillac sales are evolving. Cadillac is following the european luxury brand recipe: 3 sizes of sedans, RWD cars, less attention to crossovers. Lincoln is doing the opposite: more attention to crossovers, FWD sedans and no mimic the european luxury brands line up. The results are there: Lincoln is growning in sales , Cadillac is losing ground.
maybe all those guys that said that a RWD platform for a luxury brand are not mandatory, are rigth. Ask Audi...

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Are you kidding? Nothing worrying at all about those numbers, everything is holding its own except the MKS but who cares a new one is around the corner.
sorry BlueOvalStar but this numbers are worying
MKZ down 1.2%
MKS down 48.9%
MKX down 0.9%
MKT down 7.1%

only the Navi is up 0.2%

I am not a Lincoln hater, all the contrary, but I would like to see Lincoln better, the MKS and the MKT needs some redesign PRONTO! before the X!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
sorry BlueOvalStar but this numbers are worying
MKZ down 1.2%
MKS down 48.9%
MKX down 0.9%
MKT down 7.1%

only the Navi is up 0.2%

I am not a Lincoln hater, all the contrary, but I would like to see Lincoln better, the MKS and the MKT needs some redesign PRONTO! before the X!
To back up Jose, if it wasn't for the MKC, Lincoln sales would've been the complete opposite, worse.

http://www.automobilemag.com/featur...9-6-percent-in-july-2014-on-strength-of-suvs/

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
^ & ^^ nonetheless.....

I can't follow sales numbers like I used to
but
(having found a viewable google-cache version)

Year-To-Date, Z ^up^ 26.1% and X ^up^ 10.5% (the ones that COUNT = 70% of total), &
the MKS down 15.2%
the MKT down 14.6%
and the Navi down 3.9%
do Not sound serious NOR unexpected to me
plus
until the MKC (U.S.)sales(/inventory!!) top 3k per month / they get their China stockpile established;
Lincoln-cy2014/2015my isn't Fully Operational yet

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Copying well established brands from a country is one way of establishing a luxury brand. Few vehicles are created in a vacuum, and everyone keeps a close eye on what works and what don't.
I am sorry Wings I will have to respectively disagree with you on this one, I think Cadillac's plan is stupid copying the Germans has not gotten them anywhere and their sales are starting to suffer not to mention Art and Science is UGLY. I think Lincoln has a sounder plan.

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
I can see the sales numbers for July for Lincoln. The chart is not opening for me. What were MKZ sales for July?

As of June, MKZ was up 31% YTD, so July really has to be down to drop to -1.2% YTD. Unless that was for the month only, and thats really not a problem as Lincoln is doing a ramp up for the MY2015 along with inventory heading to China for the big launch.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts