Ford Inside News banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's true: Not only did the Fusion Energi see off the Toyota Prius Plug-In Hybrid this month, but at 1,939 deliveries it also beat the consistent-selling Chevrolet Volt, on 1,777 units.

In fact, it was the Fusion Energi's best-ever month on sale, beating its previous best--one month earlier--by nearly 600 units.

Where the Volt uses a primarily plug-in drivetrain, with a 38-mile all-electric range and 1.4-liter engine serving as a "range extender", the Fusion uses a more conventional 2.0-liter four-cylinder as its primary powerplant and supplements it with an electric motor.

On paper though, each is quite similar.

There's less than $600 between the two cars on price, at least at the entry-level--the Volt's $34,995 sticker price just a shade below the Fusion Energi's $35,525.

http://www.greencarreports.com/news...r-sales-surprise-ford-fusion-beats-chevy-volt

·
Registered
623 Posts
Plus, the Fusion doesn't look like a clumsier rendition of the already less-than-attractive Prius. Bonus!

·
Registered
500 Posts
Ironically I own a Fusion (Titanium) and a Volt! :tongue:

A lot has changed in the last 24 months, for the wife and I, but hindsight being 20/20 (as things stand today) the Fusion Energi would have the best way for us to go.

When we purchased the Fusion, I was just trying to get my wife out of an SUV and into something a bit lower to the ground and more fuel efficient, (she had drove only SUV/CUV's for the last 17 years).

I priced a Volt then, not only was it too small as our 2nd car, the lease payment was $100 more for a base model, than the much higher-equipped Fusion Titanium; and not much availability, much-less deals on the Energi , as it just came out.

I'm leasing the Fusion and Volt for a combined total of $440 and I have 22,000 miles to use (12K Fusion & 10K Volt) a month.

So as luck has it we now have 3 car leases, and very possibly adding a 4th before snow flies, but since the combined monthly payment of our three cars is still under $700 combined, my wife still has a job to drive to and we've cut our monthly gas spend by over $200 month with the addition of the Volt, its cool.

Strictly going back and forth to work, I'm pretty sure my wife likes the Volt better than the Fusion, in part because I think she can see out it a bit better, and she totally gets a kick out of driving all the way to work and back home not using a drop of gas. (33 miles round-trip). (and we've only used about 2 gallons of gas since we bought it and I'm purposely not going to not charge it soon, just to burn out the gas and get a fresh tank)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts