Ford Inside News banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Great news to those workers. I like to see more work for the US workers of Ford.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
might be apart of that new deal with the UAW

good work Ford!

·
Registered
432 Posts
I doubt it ... What would they put in Kansas City then ... Louisvill will become a small car plant, but I cannot see them abandon the current line - F150 sure as **** won't need it .. or will it?

·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
more via MKII

Ford to idle Wayne plant; no jobs lost - Detroit Free Press
Focus production to shift to nearby factory
BY BRENT SNAVELY • FREE PRESS BUSINESS WRITER • March 11, 2009

Ford Motor Co. said today that it will idle its Wayne Assembly Plant, which builds the Ford Focus, and that it plans to build the new version of the car at its Michigan Truck Plant, which is located next door.

The plant consolidation is part of Ford’s new agreement with the UAW that was ratified Monday...

-------------------------
click on MKII^ for discussion elsewhere about possible meanings/scenarios...
...ramifications/conspiracy-theories/etc

·
Registered
432 Posts
well the document in the F-L Flagship thread confirms Kuga/Escape for Kansas city .. that said ... C-Max will need a home ... as will hopefully Fusion as it rakes up sales after this refresh and the full global redesign.

Igor

·
Registered
12 Posts
I hope Ford can get the Kuga here soon no matter where it goes to compete with the new Chevy Equinox which I have to say is pretty sexy looking.

(In fact I wish they could build the Kuga and the Escape on one platform on one line and give the market the choice of sexy or rugged. ((Or they could call the rugged-looking one the Bronco)))

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
...(In fact I wish they could build the Kuga and the Escape on one platform on one line and give the market the choice of sexy or rugged. ((Or they could call the rugged-looking one the Bronco)))
completely agree, fusionwagon :)

hope they get away from this one basic model/type per platform

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
well the document in the F-L Flagship thread confirms Kuga/Escape for Kansas city .. that said ... C-Max will need a home ... as will hopefully Fusion as it rakes up sales after this refresh and the full global redesign.

Igor
My theory regarding Kuga and Escape for North America is the next Escape will be using the C2 platform (same as the next Kuga) but the Kansas City built Escape with be North Americanize , and Louisville plant Kuga will be global type designed.

I base my theory on the Fords Escape car program code for the next Escape which includes the letter "N" at the end of the number code which indicates "for North America only".

1 - 14 of 14 Posts