Ford Inside News banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last Chrysler PT Cruiser will roll off the assembly line in less than two weeks, signaling the end of the line for a historic and beloved little car.

More...

·
Registered
55 Posts
It's a shame they never did anything with it. It was such a popular little thing. Would've been a great candidate for that folding canvas roof like the Liberty has. Also wonder if a stretched three-row PT would've done well in other markets as an MPV. Call it the PT Tourer or something.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Man, good to see you back. I alway toy with the idea of getting myself a turbo version of this car.
It's a shame they never did anything with it. It was such a popular little thing. Would've been a great candidate for that folding canvas roof like the Liberty has. Also wonder if a stretched three-row PT would've done well in other markets as an MPV. Call it the PT Tourer or something.

·
Registered
254 Posts
The way I see it, the the PT was studied to death.

It was so successful initially they were afraid to change it. So it was studied and put in clinics. They ask current owners and owners of competitive makes to view new proposals. This results in backward thinking. Time freezes, no progress is made and other makes without the "baggage" of loyalists move on. Why? Because these "Loyalists" (since disappeared) loved their Pt's so much they didn't want any changes. The PT had one "refresh" that was barely discernible.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
An intelligent designer could do a "new" PT Cruiser, keeping the car's essence but with the necesary upgrades in the interior and powertrain ..... look at the Mini line of cars. But an intelligent designer is not an abundant material. And an intelligent product planner for a car company is a less abundant material.....

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
A friend of mine had a PT Cruiser as a rental car while his main car was in the shop... it was aweful... The dash board was one huge chunk of plastic... what the ****?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts