Ford Inside News banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lexus NX 4x4 is shaping up to battle Audi Q5

Exclusive first picture of the new Lexus NX SUV, a £30k crossover on sale in October 2014

Lexus has revealed that its new NX crossover will arrive in the UK in October, and prices are expected to start at around £30,000 – putting it in close contention with its Audi Q5 and BMW X3 rivals. But the NX will certainly stand out with its looks and its powertrain.

The company gave us an idea of what to expect from the newcomer with the striking, angular LF-NX concept at September’s Frankfurt Motor Show. Every element of the design caused a stir, from the giant spindle grille and split headlights up front to the muscular flanks and deep slashes running down from the tail-lamps at the rear.

Read more & photo-render: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/lexus/n...#ixzz2svlX6CLA

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I don't object to the Lexus face like many other people do, I do like the bold purposeful statement of a brand's identity. The NX could look allot more dynamic than the softer looking MKC, but it can also polarize.

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't object to the Lexus face like many other people do, I do like the bold purposeful statement of a brand's identity. The NX could look allot more dynamic than the softer looking MKC, but it can also polarize.
agree, more polarizing than the MKC, I hate the grille, but not sure about the the side or overall profile of the CUV, need to see more pictures.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
This vehicle is a travesty in some ways, and appealing in others which is sure to assure its place as a very polarizing option in this segment. A newly resurgent Lexus is definitely not a good thing for other competitors in this segment.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
oh my... that is just plain ugly.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
The great premium designs are restrained, they find ways of pushing the design envelope without resorting to over the top elements. The NX is screaming look at me from the bottom of its lungs from all directions. There are small aspects that work, but as a whole it's a complete failure IMO. Why is it Toyota hasn't been able to find a happy middle ground between vanilla and extreme since the last Supra?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts