Ford Inside News banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Ford,

I have been driving Fords since I turned 16, over 30 years now. I have owned two F-150's, a 84 Mustang, 91 Ranger, 98 Ford Contour, and now a 05 F250 PSD

I will be driving the ecoboost on Saturday at Texas Motorspeedway and am excited about getting one. However, putting the front license plate bracket on the side instead of the middle just ruins the look of the truck. Why in the world did you do that? Did your ever actually put a license plate in the holder and see how strange it looks? it's gonna stand out like a sore thumb.:yikes:
Also I don't much care for the large hole in the center where the intercooler is, makes it look like something is missing

I also wish that you had used the Twin Force name at least for the truck engine. The ecoboost name will turn lots of truck owners away. Truck owners want a truck that's tough and ecoboost doesn't sound tough like Powerstroke or Twin force. (some of us are already making plans to have custom billet badges made that say Twin Force and remove the ecoboost ones.

Thanks- John Deere Farmer

Oh, BTW why not make a John Deere edition of the F-150? At lot more people like John Deere than Harleys

·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts
Yeah, they could of put the license plate above the intercooler and made the intercooler wider
They might not have been able to do that due to structural supports behind/ in and around the intercooler. Remember the F-150 wasn't engineered for this engine from the get-go.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have you seen the price for this license plate bracket .... $$$ 60 some bucks ..... say what ...

Dear Ford,

I have been driving Fords since I turned 16, over 30 years now. I have owned two F-150's, a 84 Mustang, 91 Ranger, 98 Ford Contour, and now a 05 F250 PSD

I will be driving the ecoboost on Saturday at Texas Motorspeedway and am excited about getting one. However, putting the front license plate bracket on the side instead of the middle just ruins the look of the truck. Why in the world did you do that? Did your ever actually put a license plate in the holder and see how strange it looks? it's gonna stand out like a sore thumb.:yikes:
Also I don't much care for the large hole in the center where the intercooler is, makes it look like something is missing

I also wish that you had used the Twin Force name at least for the truck engine. The ecoboost name will turn lots of truck owners away. Truck owners want a truck that's tough and ecoboost doesn't sound tough like Powerstroke or Twin force. (some of us are already making plans to have custom billet badges made that say Twin Force and remove the ecoboost ones.

Thanks- John Deere Farmer

Oh, BTW why not make a John Deere edition of the F-150? At lot more people like John Deere than Harleys

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have you heard about the price for the bracket .... just went to Ford to get one and WOW ... $$$ 60 some bucks for the bracket for the F150 Ecoboost license plate bracket .... outragous:banghead:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts