Ford Inside News banner

Lincoln 2013my/2012cy, rumors & web experts

24K views 54 replies 9 participants last post by  2b2 
#1 ·
#2 ·
This is sounding awesome!

If Lincoln does not have a RWD vehicle however in the future when it is time to replace my LS... this might have to suffice

#3 ·
Please no 'wannabe' Jaguar styling...especially the XF. I think the XF has lost the uniqueness of the S Type and is blending in with all the other midsized luxury cars.

Even with the great engine and suspension, Lincoln can not blend in with the crowd (see MKS). It does not have the brand image to pull it off yet.

Maybe Lincoln changed their C-pillars to the look of the mid 60's continental the rest of the shape would not blend in as much.

#4 ·
Hey 2b2 you should add that rumor of the possible I6 that Ford is working on... perhaps a new exclusive Lincoln engine?

#6 ·
Rumor was that the MKS was supposed to be at Chicago but now who knows...

I am hoping the MKZ will be at NY. I am planning on going to the NY Auto Show again this year

#8 ·
I'd be very surprised to see the MKZ at NYC since it isn't due out until next year sometime (think it might be the first 'merger' car)
the only thing imho that Lincoln could show at NYC is a new C-Segment concept - I say segment cuz No Idea if it'd be car or Cuv at this point
whatever, IF they show something the main news I'll want is its ENGINE
would love to get a hint as to whether the 2.7v6 will happen

#9 ·
I'd be very surprised to see the MKZ at NYC since it isn't due out until next year sometime (think it might be the first 'merger' car)
the only thing imho that Lincoln could show at NYC is a new C-Segment concept - I say segment cuz No Idea if it'd be car or Cuv at this point
whatever, IF they show something the main news I'll want is its ENGINE
would love to get a hint as to whether the 2.7v6 will happen
Well the rumor was that the MKZ was supposed to be at NY...

since wings already saw both the new Fusion and MKZ and he said its usually only a few months later till they release it to the public I gotta believe it would be at NY since that's at the end of April.

I really hope they show something soon, I don't want to wait till LA

#14 ·
If I read that correctly we will nto see an new MKS till next year?
I hope not.. I want to see something soon!

#17 ·
thought I'd post my ideal engine lineup for Lincoln (which just sorta finally happened by itself elsewhere)

nextgen MKZ, MKG/KuGa, MKE/C3sedan:
230hp = 2.7v6
350hp = 2.7EB
200hp? = Hybrid4, plug-in?
280hp? = Hybrid6 (maybe just the Z)
- - - - - - - - - -
MKX, MKS, MKT:
300hp = 3.7v6
350hp = 2.7EB
400hp = 3.5EB
280hp? = Hybrid6

#19 ·
TY, rme09

I guess the 1.6EB (180hp afaik) could be add to the smaller ones if gas goes&stays over $3.50/$4
but I don't know which would cost more to build, that or the non-EB 2.7v6
& don't know if there'd be any negatives about a 4cyl non-Hybrid Lincoln, even if it's EB...
...what does everyone think?
also
if anyone has thoughts about the bigger Lincolns dealing with high gas prices;
how small in size / low in hp could the MKX, MKS, MKT go?

edit
think I like thinking of Lincolns as big or small(er)
big: X - S - T
small: E - G - Z

re-edit
I made a chart

just noticed I said 1.8 instead of 1.6 - my bad

#20 ·
An MKZ with a Mustang tuned V-8 would really rock the house. AND send the CTS-V running home. Better yet, just bring back the LS style with a 5.0 V-8 and offer in both 4-door/2-door sedans. Then offer a longer wheelbase model and then show a........... OK, this is getting weird....:D Did I also mention those new fangled 4-door coupes which are nothing more than a cramped 2-door car with 4-doors so you can enter/exit easier but still hit your head trying to get in or out? But seriously, I'm hoping there is a concept in some form at New York so we have an idea what's coming. The MKS needs to get a little longer and lower and not look like a tall SUV Sedan which it does when I looked at one after my LS on the dealer lot 2 weeks ago.

#22 ·
BREAKING: 2b2 Solves ALL Lincoln's F-Awd Problems!

I ran out of decafe
and somehow came up with a BUNCH of ideas

and it's all so OBVIOUS!
NickF1011@BON said:
...Just like an MKT, but, you know, not ugly.
here's what the MKT should look like
((they actually came pretty close - it just looks too 'casual'))
especially with its new role as the 'BlackCar' replacement

also
I've SOLVED the MK-Naming problem...
...label all the models

pronounced "M K Whatever"
(and the sales would sure look better with all the F-Awd's as One Listing)

now for the MKexPlorer
(please Please keep MKE ('rhymes' with XKE) for the Focus-GCM-based littlest Lincoln sedan)
had this idea a while ago;
have 2 hatch designs, one for a 5-seater, the other for the 7-seater.
The 5 would be slanted (matching the rear roof design)
the 7 would extend the hatch itself to a vertical design
(old scribble - just the hatch is relevant & needs to be even more extreme)
<click for bigger

ok - gotta go pickup my meds

#23 ·
So true. It's nothing original, but I still wish Ford would drop a production version of the MKR Concept on us. When looking at that car in person, it's simply gorgeous in ways the current generation MKS never will be. And whatever Ford does with their next round of sedans, they need to separate them from their Ford sister cars much more than they do now. Ford's doing great things, so I have little doubt they can pull it off.

Question: Isn't the MKS due for a facelift later this year as a 2012, or is my information a year too early? With the SHO supposedly getting MyTouch and other goodies later this year ...

#24 ·
So true. It's nothing original, but I still wish Ford would drop a production version of the MKR Concept on us. When looking at that car in person, it's simply gorgeous in ways the current generation MKS never will be. And whatever Ford does with their next round of sedans, they need to separate them from their Ford sister cars much more than they do now. Ford's doing great things, so I have little doubt they can pull it off.

Question: Isn't the MKS due for a facelift later this year as a 2012, or is my information a year too early? With the SHO supposedly getting MyTouch and other goodies later this year ...
Hi Amphibian! Welcome to FIN!

We all heard rumors of the MKS being due this year at Detroit and Chicago but as of recently we heard all that was put on hold so Wolfe could put his stamp of approval on them. It is still unknown if the MKZ will debut at NY Auto show.

#26 ·
ditto Hi & Welcome, Amphibian!

Hi Amphibian! Welcome to FIN!

We all heard rumors of the MKS being due this year at Detroit and Chicago but as of recently we heard all that was put on hold so Wolfe could put his stamp of approval on them. It is still unknown if the MKZ will debut at NY Auto show.
I really need something to happen at NYC...
...might be interesting to see a pile of parts that Max Wolff has nixed from the MKS just laying in a heap

&
was thinking of making a new thread for how we'd like to see the nextgen MKZ & Fusion differentiated...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.