Ford Inside News banner

1 - 20 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Save the date! Lincoln has a press conference set for the first press day of the NYIAS! It's looking very good that something big will debut, most likely Navigator related. I'm looking forward to attending!

March 23 10:45am

Btw Ford division doesn't have any conference scheduled at this time.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Lincoln likes the NY Auto Show they have had several debuts there.

Reactions: badhac and 2b2

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
most likely --- or Aviator concept.

That is the cadence. Concept in NY, debut in LA or Detroit. Not a bad strategy.
From the docs that leaked looks like Aviator won't be till 2019

Reactions: 2b2 and igor2

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I saw that picture on Lincoln's Facebook, but thought was one of their regular pics that they post all the time. I'm super excited to see the new Navigator. I really think the new design language will work well on a big suv, but curious to see with the rest of it as well as if they are going to differentiate it from the Expedition more than the current model.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
^ it's nothing definite, @badhac
(& I've never seen them post the same foto twice)
just Jose & I have noticed Lincoln frequently (it seems) concentrates on a model they're about to debut
tho
in this case
there's been a number of sources saying to expect the Navi at NYC - just dunno if concept of nearly-production

edit @Bloggin

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
I saw that picture on Lincoln's Facebook, but thought was one of their regular pics that they post all the time. I'm super excited to see the new Navigator. I really think the new design language will work well on a big suv, but curious to see with the rest of it as well as if they are going to differentiate it from the Expedition more than the current model.
Based on Lincoln's designs not sharing any sheetmetal or touch points with a Ford model, the Navigator and Expedition will be quite different.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
^ it's nothing definite, badhac
just Jose & I have noticed Lincoln frequently (it seems) concentrates on a model they about to debut
tho
in this case
there's been a number of sources saying to expect the Navi at NYC - just dunno if concept of nearly-production
Lincoln concepts tend to be nearly-production, so yes, and yes.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Based on Lincoln's designs not sharing any sheetmetal or touch points with a Ford model, the Navigator and Expedition will be quite different.
There is plenty of precedent to say big SUVs are impacted less by familial similarities. I hope you're correct though, it would be very nice to see a new Navigator continue to lead with it's IRS along with going the extra mile with a totally unique aluminum body!

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
since the drivetrains of concepts or even showcars can be a game of "Let's Pretend" (MKR
)
I'm curious what they'll SAY the aluNavi has hiding under the hood/engine-cover & for a trannie

@Bloggin , did you see what I posted just before your "hint" question?
The MKR was a long, loooooonnnnnng time ago, in a Ford corporation far away. No concept Lincoln has done in recent years has played any games in terms of engines, transmissions, or anything drivetrain related, they typically just don't comment on them.

I anticipate the NextGator will continue with a next-gen 3.5EB, err, 3.5T under it's hood along with the obvious 10-speed.

·
Registered
528 Posts
The MKR was a long, loooooonnnnnng time ago, in a Ford corporation far away. No concept Lincoln has done in recent years has played any games in terms of engines, transmissions, or anything drivetrain related, they typically just don't comment on them.

I anticipate the NextGator will continue with a next-gen 3.5EB, err, 3.5T under it's hood along with the obvious 10-speed.
I predict a hybrid (plug-in?) will be shown on the concept. Ford needs to prop it's hybrid cred after Gen2 hybrids were slammed with the MPG adjustment, and there has not been any Hybrid news from ford in many years.

Besides even if not just for marketing, SUVs are hot and Ford needs a few compliance models.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
I predict a hybrid (plug-in?) will be shown on the concept. Ford needs to prop it's hybrid cred after Gen2 hybrids were slammed with the MPG adjustment, and there has not been any Hybrid news from ford in many years.

Besides even if not just for marketing, SUVs are hot and Ford needs a few compliance models.
that's half of what I'm wondering THO (esp with oil prices now) don't expect electrification in a REAL truck / more like Aviator = Jan.2019

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
that's half of what I'm wondering THO (esp with oil prices now) don't expect electrification in a REAL truck / more like Aviator = Jan.2019
It could be that going light weight aluminum and the near 1,000 lb weight loss of the New Navigator, that Lincoln won't feel the need to go plug-in, but instead auto stop-start and a more efficient/more powerful EcoBoost engine.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
It could be that going light weight aluminum and the near 1,000 lb weight loss of the New Navigator, that Lincoln won't feel the need to go plug-in, but instead auto stop-start and a more efficient/more powerful EcoBoost engine.
It'll be interesting to see if they offer the 2.7 or 3.0 as a base engine with the 3.5 as the top of the line. I would hope the 2nd-gen 3.5 should be good for 450/450 which'll put it neck and neck with the current GM 6.2.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
^ "good for 450/450" ...AT LEAST :thumb:
imho a Suv can get away with a bit more 'sport', less stump-pulling, than the F-150

just-imho, Lincoln doesn't have a choice re: Plug-Ins
(ordinary hybrids are so last decade)
if they don't feel their need, they gotta get therapy & meds...STAT
unless
you're talking about just the Navi and just in the near-term

The MKR was a long, loooooonnnnnng time ago, in a Ford corporation far away...
hah! MKR was just 'yesterday' imho...
...sorta let's ya know how I'll keep feeling about Merc as long as I live

1 - 20 of 175 Posts