Ford Inside News banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LINCOLN BLACK LABEL ELEVATES CRAFTSMANSHIP, QUALITY, SERVICE WITH UNIQUE LUXURY OFFERINGS

The Lincoln Motor Company introduces Lincoln Black Label for customers who desire the ultimate in personal service and luxuriously appointed vehicles
Lincoln Black Label versions of MKZ and MKC will feature one of four unique interior design themes, showcasing the use of premium materials such as Venetian leather, Alcantara® and designer wood trim

Thirty-two Lincoln dealerships in six states will be Black Label-certified, providing an elevated Lincoln customer experience

Lincoln Black Label will provide personalized shopping and special privileges with dedicated personnel in the showroom, online or in locations more convenient for customers.

Videos & photos at: https://media.lincoln.com/content/lincolnmedia/lna/us/en/news/2014/11/17/lincoln-black-label-elevates-craftsmanship-quality-service.html

Black Label has launched at Lincoln.com.

http://www.lincoln.com/blacklabel/

·
Registered
50 Posts
So Lincoln customers wanting to buy the more expensive Navigator, MKS & MKX are left out!

Smart move Lincoln Motors Company :facepalm: Should have at least offer the higher leather materials & the experience!

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
​The Lincoln Motor Company officially introduces Lincoln Black Label today, redefining what it means to shop for, purchase and own a luxury automobile.

Lincoln Black Label versions of MKZ and MKC will feature one of four unique interior design themes, showcasing the use of premium materials such as Venetian leather, Alcantara® and designer wood trim.

When the program launches in December, 32 dedicated Lincoln Black Label dealers in six states will provide showroom space dedicated to serving Black Label customers. Lincoln plans to expand the network nationwide in late 2015.

Lincoln Black Label will provide personalized shopping and special privileges with dedicated personnel in the showroom, online or in locations more convenient for customers.

Black Label Dealer Network

The Lincoln Black Label Dealer network

Thirty-two dealers in six key states will debut when Lincoln Black Label launches in December 2014. The dealers are:

California
• Jim Burke Lincoln (Bakersfield)
• Cerritos Ford Lincoln (Cerritos)
• Tuttle-Click Lincoln (Irvine)
• Galpin Lincoln (Van Nuys)
• Future Ford Lincoln (Roseville)
• Ford Lincoln Fairfield

New Jersey
• Irwin Lincoln (Freehold)
• Lincoln of Wayne
• Holman Ford Lincoln (Maple Shade)

New York
• Ford Lincoln of Huntington
• Ford Lincoln of Queens (Jamaica)
• Schultz Ford Lincoln (Nanuet)
• Dana Ford Lincoln (Staten Island)
• Hassett Lincoln (Wantagh)
• Burdick Lincoln (Cicero)

Texas
• Grapevine Lincoln
• David McDavid Plano Lincoln
• West Point Lincoln (Houston)
• Planet Lincoln (Spring)
• North Park Lincoln (San Antonio)
• Witt Lincoln (San Diego)

Florida
• North Florida Lincoln (Jacksonville)
• Doral Lincoln (Miami)
• Margate Lincoln
• Al Packer Lincoln (West Palm Beach)
• Parks Lincoln of Longwood
• Central Florida Lincoln (Orlando)

Michigan
• Varsity Lincoln (Novi)
• Hines Park Lincoln (Plymouth)
• Crest Lincoln (Sterling Heights)
• Lincoln of Troy
• Pfeiffer Lincoln (Grand Rapids)

LINCOLN BLACK LABEL The Showroom Experience
Visitors to a dedicated Lincoln Black Label Dealer will experience either of two showroom displays. Both are designed to provide an immersive, personalized shopping experience that underscores the uniqueness of Lincoln Black Label.

The Club
A 360-square-foot fully enclosed gallery features a large window that frames a Lincoln Black Label vehicle. The space also offers interactive touch screens that let customers experience Lincoln Black Label product designs and samples of the luxurious materials that highlight the Lincoln Black Label vehicles.

The Studio
Showrooms equipped with the Studio feature a 144-square-foot, three-wall freestanding display. The space houses everything needed to effectively present the Lincoln Black Label story, including an interactive touch screen and material samples.

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
So Lincoln customers wanting to buy the more expensive Navigator, MKS & MKX are left out!

Smart move Lincoln Motors Company :facepalm: Should have at least offer the higher leather materials & the experience!
That's not the case. Black Label is launching with all NEW vehicles, so it will come with the 2016 MKX and 2017 MKS.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Lincoln said:
Designer woods – which appear on the instrument panel and doors with all Black Label themes – include Black Stripe (Center Stage Lincoln MKC), Onyx (Center Stage Lincoln MKZ) and Argento (Modern Heritage).

All were uniquely created for use in Black Label, with color accents and patterns that complement the design theme. Ziricote, used in Indulgence, is an exotic wood from South America featuring beautiful natural grain, pattern and coloration with no added dyes or stains. Open-pore American Walnut Burl has a natural authentic beauty that harmonizes with the soothing, tonal interior colors of Oasis.

did I miss whether there are other dealers, too
and these are just the schmancy ones?
&
California
• Jim Burke Lincoln (Bakersfield)
Michigan
• Varsity Lincoln (Novi)
• Hines Park Lincoln (Plymouth)
• Crest Lincoln (Sterling Heights)
• Lincoln of Troy
• Pfeiffer Lincoln (Grand Rapids)
I wonder how they chose Michigan and Bakersfield?
the other locations I won't question for now

·
Registered
50 Posts
That's not the case. Black Label is launching with all NEW vehicles, so it will come with the 2016 MKX and 2017 MKS.
I understand it is launching with NEW vehicles, BUT, when a customer goes in, TODAY, to a dealer to pay USD60+ (78 grand for a loaded L) & asks about the Black Label, what will they tell them? Sorry, it's only available on our smaller (read cheaper) models!! Any value adding experience should ALWAYS be available for all your customers, let alone those paying more!

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
I understand it is launching with NEW vehicles, BUT, when a customer goes in, TODAY, to a dealer to pay USD60+ (78 grand for a loaded L) & asks about the Black Label, what will they tell them? Sorry, it's only available on our smaller (read cheaper) models!! Any value adding experience should ALWAYS be available for all your customers, let alone those paying more!
So you think Lincoln should have invested all the time and effort for the out going models as well? Models that are only here several months?

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
how many months? they are taking too much IMHO to launch the next X and S
It obviously takes longer to roll out all new products that will work in several markets that include all new powertrains and premium luxury levels.
It’s not like they just hammer out a coupe or performance model using the same powertrains more or less for only 1 market.

·
Registered
358 Posts
did I miss whether there are other dealers, too
and these are just the schmancy ones?
&
I wonder how they chose Michigan and Bakersfield?
the other locations I won't question for now
Michigan is Lincoln's largest market, and I'm sure there are many A/X/Z plan holders that would be willing to pony up extra for a higher-end model. It may not help grow the brand, but it supports it.

I do see one mistake on the list. Witt Lincoln (San Diego) should be under California, not Texas.

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It obviously takes longer to roll out all new products that will work in several markets that include all new powertrains and premium luxury levels.
It’s not like they just hammer out a coupe or performance model using the same powertrains more or less for only 1 market.
What I really hope is that they take the interior quality and luxury to a new level, in reviews I still see complaints about the quality of the materials but I don;t hear that about Acura or Cadillac.

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
What I really hope is that they take the interior quality and luxury to a new level, in reviews I still see complaints about the quality of the materials but I don;t hear that about Acura or Cadillac.
No Acura or Cadillac offers more premium levels of luxury feel than the BL I experienced.
Why are you so worried? You are comparing previous Lincolns too.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Is it really set to just 4 themes, and that's it!
Isn't there any customer selection of optional colors, wood tones, or seat patterns?

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No Acura or Cadillac offers more premium levels of luxury feel than the BL I experienced.
Why are you so worried? You are comparing previous Lincolns too.
Black Label is above them, I was talking about the non-BL models :nevreness:

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Not in the Tampa Bay area which is unfortunate I will have to make a trip to Orlando to see it in person I guess.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I see both of my Lincoln dealerships are launching with Black Label which I would expect. Personally none of these really appeal to me and I honestly don't want to spend too much time deciding what my interior should look like, give me too many choices and I'll give you decision paralysis. These are packages really, so you can't really tweak them, which I guess makes it easier to decide upon, but it also means none of them seem quite right for me. This is noting new really, MKX has several interior packages like this, none of them I've personally liked. This takes it up a notch and does a better job marketing their existence.

And honestly, $6,000 is an absolutely ludicrous markup for any Lincoln with a tweaked color scheme and free car washes. That is a massive price jump for an MKC and MKZ. That's like adding $20K to a Navigator.

I have a Black 2015 MKC on hold with 20" wheels and the Espresso interior and I'm good, it's the color scheme I've always chosen for Lincoln, although I generally prefer a lighter gray/taupe interior to the Espresso, but close enough.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Timf said:
Michigan is Lincoln's largest market, and I'm sure there are many A/X/Z plan holders that would be willing to pony up extra for a higher-end model. It may not help grow the brand, but it supports it...
yeah-true

I'm hoping they eventually bring it to dealers in Maryland.
does anybody know if [BL] can be ordered from any dealer? or just the listed ones?
...did I just miss that in the articls(s)?

Is it really set to just 4 themes, and that's it!
Isn't there any customer selection of optional colors, wood tones, or seat patterns?
imho
[ WhiteLabel ]
for (upto near)total customization

I'm Very pleased with the *program* they've put together for [BL]
There are a Lot of well thought-out aspects imho...
...of course I'm impatient for further developments

1 - 20 of 69 Posts