1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
http://blog.caranddriver.com/back-i...ck-label-trims-revisit-70s-designer-editions/
Each new model that follows will get its own Black Label treatment. Lincoln representatives told us that the first of these will be the MKC, which was previewed as a concept at the 2013 Detroit auto show, although we were reminded that the brand has not officially announced MKC production plans. :facepalm: :( :banghead: no production plans :banghead: .....so the navi will debut first?

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
http://blog.caranddriver.com/back-i...ck-label-trims-revisit-70s-designer-editions/
Each new model that follows will get its own Black Label treatment. Lincoln representatives told us that the first of these will be the MKC, which was previewed as a concept at the 2013 Detroit auto show, although we were reminded that the brand has not officially announced MKC production plans. :facepalm: :( :banghead: no production plans :banghead:
According to Autoblog:

Lincoln chose its current MKZ sedan and its MKC Concept crossover (seen in the inset image) as the debutants for Black Label treatment for good reason: the well-received MKC points the way forward for Lincoln styling as a whole, and the MKZ will be the first production vehicle to receive the option of the high-zoot interior design. We're told that eventually, Black Label treatment will be available for the full Lincoln lineup, but the MKZ will be the initial recipient, and not until late in 2014 according to the company's current projections.

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
I am so proud of Lincoln.
They really are marching to their own beat, building luxury value without pretentiously copying a certain German automaker in every step.
They use their assets wisely, learning from others and applying what they know, all in a unique form with classic undertones.

If they simply took the advice of many who can’t look past what is already there, and spent billions on all new chassis’ across the board to build Lincoln…..what the heck would that get them? Well we certainly would not know because they would still be in the middle of it. Certainly not sales, or at least not nearly enough to pay for this so called exclusivity, as others seek to combine chassis costs.

No, they instead applied their exclusivity in a smarter way, using their assets best they could where it mattered most, and passed along the savings and value to the customer.

IOW, you can’t start at the top, you work your way there.
They are working hard, clearly.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Thanks for posting Andrew! Now the problem is deciding which of the 3 choices to pick. This takes the '70's Designer Series and Luxury Groups to a higher level.

There was no mention unless i missed something which is possible but will there be special labels inside and out to ID the Black Label Editions.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for posting Andrew! Now the problem is deciding which of the 3 choices to pick. This takes the '70's Designer Series and Luxury Groups to a higher level.

There was no mention unless i missed something which is possible but will there be special labels inside and out to ID the Black Label Editions.
According to the article just that the MK "letter" is in black. Like when you get an EcoBoost MKS the S is in red. In the pictures the Z in MKZ is black.

·
Registered
358 Posts
While disappointing that the MKC is still only in concept form, these are very cool looking interiors and should certainly quiet critics who love comparing Lincolns to their Ford counterparts. I wonder how much something like this will cost. A late 2014 introduction means this can be available on the MKZ, MKC, MKX, and Navigator simultaneously, with the MKS following shortly thereafter once it gets redesigned. Guess we're left waiting until L.A. for any new products though.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Okay, I'm surprised we are still looking at the MKC in concept form. It appears this car is going to barely make on-sale date in 2013. That's ridiculousness.

As for the black label edition, I would definitely buy one but I'd rather get the white and avoid the red. Interesting to me is the look of MyLincoln Touch, which is distinctly Lincoln now (thankfully!).

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
The interior looks pretty nice, a big step in the right direction. The leather dash should be standard on the MKZ now and the upgraded materials/colors part of this new collection.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's nice to see the Lincoln star return to the seats though this time its not stitched in. No idea why they stopped stitching them in, in the first place.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Well, this isn't entirely new to Lincoln either. The MKX for example is available with a variety of special interior materials, like Bronze metallic seats and brushed aluminium trim. But this is certainly more ambitious (and appealing).

1 - 20 of 111 Posts