Ford Inside News banner

41 - 60 of 302 Posts

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Thanks for the pics! I miss the Mark series a lot!

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
The Mark VII had a ton of special editions they really knew how to milk that car just like the Mustang... it really is a damn shame they still don't make it

·
FIN Moderator
2,106 Posts
I would love to build a special edition LSC utilizing the best in Griggs Racing suspension, and a large cubic inch 351W based 427 stroker with a positive displacement supercharger.
That sounds sick!

You should build one and post pictures of it on here!

·
Registered
997 Posts
Couldn't get it to work either. Sorry about that.

WOW! look at that profile design of the MK7. Idea for new ad based on this car: What a Lincoln Should Be.

Too bad we can't get that instrument panel, those seats, that v-8 engine and of course THOSE BBS Racing Wheels instead of the current offering we have now.

As I recall there was a type of BBS wheel offer on the Town Car wasn't there?

·
Registered
997 Posts
So now we have something to build with Black Label or Midnight Moondust Black. There could also be a super fast MK? called White Lightning. A special Moondust metallic white paint could be developed.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Lincoln SYNC Services Provides Personal Touch With Unlimited Live Operator Assist - Media.Lincoln.com
• Included with every Lincoln, Lincoln SYNC Services provides live, unlimited operator assist at no charge for the first three years of ownership
• Lexus charges almost $300 annually for similar service one year after purchase
• Lincoln SYNC Services provides access to information about traffic, news, sports, weather, stock quotes and movie listings along with business searches and turn-by-turn directions

DEARBORN, Mich., Nov. 7, 2012 – Live operator assistance through Lincoln SYNC Services is one more element of a warmer, more personal experience that will be a cornerstone of the reinvented brand.

Lincoln SYNC Services, included with every Lincoln, including the all-new MKZ premium midsize sedan, provides unlimited live operator assist for the first three years of ownership at no cost. This means customers can talk live to operators around the clock when seeking directions or searching for business addresses.

“The operator-assist feature of Lincoln SYNC Services gives customers personal service, which is the hallmark of our brand,” said Kim Cape, Lincoln Marketing manager. “As Lincoln continues its reinvention, we are focused on delivering outstanding, personalized service starting when a potential client begins to learn about our cars and at every step of the buying and ownership experience.”

Other luxury competitors begin charging several hundred dollars for similar service after a one-year trial period. A comparable Lexus package, for example, starts at $264.90 per year after one year.

Lincoln SYNC Services is part of a growing list of cloud-based driver assistance features offered by Lincoln aimed at delivering a personalized experience.

How it works
Cloud-based, on-demand, voice-activated Lincoln SYNC Services provides access to information about traffic, news, sports, weather, horoscopes, stock quotes and movie listings along with business searches and turn-by-turn directions. The “send to” SYNC features allow customers to send a location/address from www.mapquest.com to their car.

Seventy percent of all SYNC Services calls are for business searches and from those seeking turn-by-turn directions, said David Gersabeck, product manager, SYNC Services.

Using advanced vehicle sensors, integrated GPS technology and comprehensive map and traffic data, the Lincoln SYNC Services automated voice recognition system delivers turn-by-turn directions to the user. Further, with access to more than 14 million business listings, Lincoln SYNC Services directs users to the businesses they seek. Operator Assist works with both the business search and directions options.

At any time during a business search or directions interaction between the user and the Lincoln SYNC Services automated system, the user can say, “Operator” and connect to a live operator.

“This is more than getting from point A to point B,” said Gersabeck. “It’s about delivering a level of connectivity that provides fast, hands-free connections to businesses or residences without the need for drivers to take their eyes off the road.”

When a live operator assists with a business search, the user can choose to receive turn-by-turn directions to the business, receive a text message with name, address and phone number information about the business (applies to certain phone carrier networks), or be directly connected to the phone number of the business. When a live operator assists with address entry, the user can have the directions sent directly to the vehicle.

The live operator services are provided by MyAssist, a leading live assistance and telematics service company for individuals and businesses based in Stevens Point, Wis.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
It is amazing what was considered fast back then, and this test has the Mark VII running quite slow indeed.
The MKVII has always been a favorite of mine. I owned one of the earlier gutless wonders, but even then it was a nice, stylish ride. It would have been nice to have had one of the later, more powerful and better handling versions though. I don't remember anyone complaining about it being just a tarted up T-Bird.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I came upon a 2013 Order and Pricing Guide for Audi of America
which introduced me to some info about their "exclusive" (small 'e') program,
like a Bespoke Program ... here are the upholstery color choices
Lincoln, and Farley have done much brand building via press release and quite frankly it is time that they put their money where there mouth is. Audi exclusive, BMW Exclusive, JLR Autobiography, Porsche Exclusive, and MB Designo allow their customers a level of bespoke customization that is above , and beyond the norm. If Lincoln desires to be a bespoke company with a unique experience they have no choice but to offer their customers this level of customization.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
had a thought after reading some posts elsewhere about the ordering process not going well...

imho Lincoln ought to develop a way to expedite custom orders (with WHTEVER degree of 'custom' they EVENTUALLY decide upon)
...this isn't about how the MyLincolnConcierge would communicate with customers;
this is coming up with a way to be able to guarantee your car on such'n'such week or a (similar) loaner is provided free of charge (yeah, THAT wouold make *someone* take this seriously)((no, the dealer wouldN'T pay for it...they ought to get sumthin for the million they had to invest))

...adding this to my [BLACK LABEL] list for starters
so if FLincMoCo takes a bath on it, it wouldn't be on every vehicle

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
I miss seeing blue as an option for interior colors.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Also missing dark green(dark jade) and dark red(cordovan) cloth seats or cloth/leather combo.

I noticed a '96 dark green Mk8 on ebay last night. The interior was a rich looking light brown leather. Nice seat design. Too bad we can't order that design on current.

I also saw on ebay an MKS in dark blue with a light tan color roof cap. It did give the vehicle some much needed character and went well with the light color interior. Should this be considered as an option? What about a painted roof (instead of the roof cap) in a different harmonizing color?? Wasn't this done on some 1950's Lincolns before the vinyl roof fad started?

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Also missing dark green(dark jade) and dark red(cordovan) cloth seats or cloth/leather combo.

I noticed a '96 dark green Mk8 on ebay last night. The interior was a rich looking light brown leather. Nice seat design. Too bad we can't order that design on current...
we can at least see *some* of what Lincoln is *thinking* about seats in this video

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
we can at least see *some* of what Lincoln is *thinking* about seats in this video
That is a very Euroish tan. I like that. But I also really like the Canyon interior on the Navi and MKT

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Now THAT'S what I like!:thumb:

Piano Lacque and a full leather dash. So I guess we will see some upscale interior options on the MKZ sooner or later.

Although it really s**ks that I'll have to wait for 2 years before I can get my new MKZ, it seems I might have a chance of having access to these upgraded interiors by then..:lmao:

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Now THAT'S what I like!:thumb:

Piano Lacque and a full leather dash. So I guess we will see some upscale interior options on the MKZ sooner or later.

Although it really s**ks that I'll have to wait for 2 years before I can get my new MKZ, it seems I might have a chance of having access to these upgraded interiors by then..:lmao:
otoh, LincolnFanFl,
by waiting 2 years it's probably a sure thing that the Nano 2.7v6 and 8speed transmission will be out too!!!

41 - 60 of 302 Posts