Ford Inside News banner

81 - 100 of 302 Posts

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
I'm finally studying pix from home :clap: and *IF* I'm not confused (about this part) it looks like Lincoln(or the Media?) used the Color-Name, "Cappuccino" for 2 different colors
-- the dramatic euro-tan dashtop from TripleCrown and
-- (in Borg's pix) a sorta light-ish Taupe/Putty standard/NON-[BL] leather
also
I'm wondering WHAT the material of the TripleCrown dashtop IS... alcantara-psuede or Leather? cuz it looks very matte in pix
...if there's a sample of it in Timf's pix, I haven't downloaded that one yet

(wanted to send Timf & Borg PMs but my puter's being a brat)

&
if my ancient puter co-operates aventually,
will post a lightened version of Timf's foto of the MUSE samples.
Imho it could be Very interesting ... the "tonalities" of the materials seem a Very designer-ish yet easy-to-live-with palette imho

first time I can remember ANY vehicle having more than one or 2 interior color schemes I like:
Muse - Hazelnut - non[BL]"Cappuccino" - Indulgence - Ebony+Aluminum
;
TripleCrown might be too intense for me...
...[BL]s get the advantage from CrystalSilver (if that lives up to sample pix), Ingot is just OK imho

·
Registered
358 Posts
Cappuccino is definitely an off-white color and not the brown dash of Triple Crown. They called out Terra Cotta stitching, however the Terra Cotta leather sample they had was much darker than the Triple Crown dash. There were no dash samples provided, only seats, headliners, and trim. They did have the full MKX with Triple Crown interior there, but it was locked up and I don't recall the dash looking like a material other than leather. The MKZ and MKC Black Label models definitely had leather dashes.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
^ THANKS, Timf :thumb:
also noticed inconsistent spelling for "Chroma", sometimes it's Chrome in the sample displays
:tsk:
Can't wait for the 2 new themes to added to the official [BL] website!!
afaik TripleCrown is the first time Lincoln has (ever?) tried an accent color for the dashtop
wonder how they're handling the different component of...:
(got this to load)
MUSE

...note: this has been lightened, turned, cropped, & resized from the original foto
edit:
WOW that looks very diff - pixelated, over saturated on the Library's flatpanel

adding my post from GMI (before their server blows up - again

imho, [BlackLabel] is on the verge of critical mass of attraction/seduction
MKZ = 6 interiors (3 std, 3 [BL])
MKC = 7 interiors
MKX = 8 (EIGHT!) interiors
I was perusing an old download of Audi "exclusive" upholstery colors
and UNsplitting hairs, Lincoln is well on its way to their choice-level​
just in case anyone wants less nit-pick-negativ-ing :angel

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
no News, so putting this here...
Lincoln, counting on Black Label for conquests, to expand program to more states - AutomotiveNews
Nick Bunkley
January 24, 2015

SAN FRANCISCO -- Lincoln’s new Black Label program, which offers customized themes and an elite level of customer service, is helping the brand make conquest sales and will expand to dealerships in more states in the second half of 2015, executives with the brand said Saturday.

Black Label versions of the MKC and MKZ are currently offered through 35 dealers in six states, including California, New York and Florida. Black Label, which costs about $6,000, also will be available on the MKX when that vehicle is introduced in the third quarter.

“In the second half of this year, we’re going to expand it based on the learnings from the first six states, which we just got into late in the fourth quarter,” Matt VanDyke, director of global Lincoln, told Automotive News. “One of the things that will enable that is the expansion of Black Label across the lineup.”

VanDyke said it was too soon to evaluate how the take rate for Black Label compares to Lincoln’s expectations or to say how many dealerships would offer it by year end.

“It’s very early days, but we’re encouraged by what we’re seeing,” he said. “Midyear will be a point where we can kind of evaluate it.”

Black Label vehicles are made with premium leather and interior wood treatments, exclusive paint colors and other high-end features. Customers also get a variety of additional perks, such as detailing, car washes and the option to have their dealer pick up the vehicle at their home for service appointments. It comes in four themes, including “Indulgence” and “Modern Heritage,” with two more planned for the MKX.

Lincoln’s make meeting had a much more positive tone this year in light of the brand’s sales surge in 2014. Executives told dealers to anticipate further growth this year.

After selling 94,474 vehicles in 2014, a 16 percent increase, the brand could hit 100,000 units for the first time since 2008. The MKC accounted for 13 percent of 2014 sales, even though it didn’t reach dealerships until May.

“The dealers were especially happy with the second half of last year, with the MKC and the new Navigator,” Dan Marks, who chairs the Lincoln National Dealer Council. “They’re expecting big things for 2015. We’re on the right track. We had progress, but we want more.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
When I took my new Jeep in today to have some updates applied, I just walked a few steps to the local Lincoln dealer next door. They had a HUGE inventory of MKCs - really nice. I was told they would start construction for the new building on April 1st and should be done once the new MKX arrives - and once updated, they would be a BL dealer, too - just like their branch in Orlando.

So based on what you posted about BL, 2b2, it seems BL will be available on the MKX right from the start. Very good!:thumb:

And honestly - if Lincoln is serious about BL, they need to have it ready when the buzz is the greatest about the MKX - and that initial buzz will be gone if they would delay BL 'til 'sometime in 2016'...

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
^ I've been wondering lately about the number of [BL] dealers**
from 'leaky' memory, think it was only about a dozen at first
and saw something-somewhere about it hitting around 3-dozen(?) by the end of this year...

** want a U.S. map with 50 mile radiuseses marked for every [BL] dealer

&
not simply a [BL] issue but
from hearing(reading) how the Germans (esp BuMble-w) have big upcharges for everything that many/most want featurewise + this GMI post by member12
...I just priced out a 320i and an ATS with the options I'd want... I was shocked to find that the BMW had a lower MSRP by nearly $2000.
Seeing...the 320i...with what seems to be a larger interior, it is a no-brainer unless there are rebates on the hood of the Cadillac. The sticker for both of those cars gets inflated rapidly with options, but the ATS doesn't appear to be as good of a value as the 3 series. I also notice that there are more powertrain configurations for the BMW products. That's pretty nice...
seems Caddy copies even the Germans' faults!
thinking that Lincoln (OR CADILLAC) could go ahead and set base prices quite close to the Germans' equivalents AND even with similar feature levels (see bait'n'switch thread)
BUT
make our upcharges much more reasonable/affordable
THEN (back on topic)
[BL] would target that vague, unadvertised area below InscriptionIndividualExclusiveBespoke-hood and including/demystifying the Germans' confusing plethora of M-Sport/AMGlite/high-endSTDs

naturlich, [WhiteLabel] would take on everybodies' bespoke stuff...

EDIT!!
wondering if FLincMoCo has a (firm) idea of how far they'd *Like* to take (specifically) [BLACK Label]?
ex:
- how many paint colors - overall and for any individual model
- ditto interior themes
(I'm thinking total numbers wouldn't be much more than individual models' choices - mainly just wiggle room for intro'ing new themes)
&
- pricing**?!? Will they experiment with multi-pricepoints? 'Reach Higher' in feeling out a more Bespode (white) Label Program? &Or start incorporating [BL] features/nuances into standard fare? Could today's [BL] be (sorta) tomorrow's base Lincolns?
+
I'd think they'd have later scenarios penciled in
- an exit strategy if situations drastically change
- PLANS FOR SPEEDING the TEMPO
- metrics for judging "success" - timetables too

re-edit ** howzabout a [BlackLabel-LEASE]??

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
re-edit ** howzabout a [BlackLabel-LEASE]??
You know, 2b2, BL and leasing will be one of the most crucial decisions Lincoln will have to make and will greatly affect BL's success-rate.

Leasing is where BMW shines and if Lincoln wants to be a luxury-alternative, they have to sponsor leasing as well. They are already better than Chrysler. I learned that when I leased my Jeep. $6K extra for BL might appear steep - but if the lease is attractive, it doesn't really matter how much the MSRP is.

Looking at the new MKX, it's safe to say that a comparable X5 will probably be $20K more. However, when leasing the MKX will cost just as much, you can imagine where this is going..

So to be honest, leasing rates on the new MKX will be almost more interesting to watch than the MSRP itself. This will be HUGE!

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
^ glad I added that lease comment, LFFL,
been thinking (& mentioned) that for a while...
...boost the msrp, lower the lease payments :joyous:

&
from GMI, the bolded part after this background:
BlackGTP said:
...Interesting parallel is that so far Cadillac is using the same dash/center stack design for all it's cars...
nadepalma said:
...I know that GM has used the same steering wheel across a product/platform line, but not necessarily within the same brand ... Same was true of the original Malibu and G6 -- platform mates that shared the same (very ugly) steering wheel. Eventually, the revised Malibu, Aura, and G6 all shared the same three-spoke steering wheel as well (I'm assuming because they were platformmates).
However, I don't think I've ever seen GM dedicate a single-type/appearing steering wheel to an entire division. AFAIK, for GM to do this would be new phenomenon.
V8GMT360 Guy said:
FCA is already doing this as well. I looked at/sat in the Maseratis at NAIAS and noticed much of the switchgear appeared straight out of a Dodge Caravan.
just-imho
it depends on how small-or-concise a Brand's lineup is:
I ranted for this for Mercury before it was hiatus'ed but would never suggest it for the Ford Brand
& not sure it's appropriate for a brand with "True Lux" aspirations**
+
ABHOR the idea of cross-Brand contamination just cuz models share(d) platforms

** actually, having different designs for different Themes ( cough*[BL]*cough ) sounds wonderful

with every model that offers that theme using the same parts (as much as feasible)

·
Registered
39 Posts
So you're saying that the BL services are standard fare at any Lexus dealer?
Our RX 350 (which we bought used at Carmax, but still had bumper to bumper warranty) dealer experience was top-notch. The few times I needed service, I was given a loaner without even asking, there was Starbucks coffee, pastries, soda, etc..., and the vehicle was always returned to me detailed inside and out, not just "washed". This was back in 2010-2011.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
copying...
imho they should have BOTH metallic(/glass, like Tuxedo) plus ultra-black non-metallic black!!

edit - kinda wondering if later, [BL] could specialize in more designer/art-shade colors?
AND
offer (some of) the standard colors on [BL] vehicles too!

I'm not home now where my database textfiles are so
might say more with color-Lists later...

·
Registered
436 Posts

That interior looks good to me. I think Lincoln could pull off something like that if done right. Absolutely love that white stitching/piping.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
copying...
imho they should have BOTH metallic(/glass, like Tuxedo) plus ultra-black non-metallic black!!

edit - kinda wondering if later, [BL] could specialize in more designer/art-shade colors?
AND
offer (some of) the standard colors on [BL] vehicles too!
I'm not home now where my database textfiles are so
might say more with color-Lists later...
from textfile...
"ChromaFlare" [BL]
ChromaFlame
ChromaCouture
Chroma Elite (Copper)
Chroma Quartz (Medium Gray with a slightly purplish tint)

"Trend" [BL]
Notorious(Blue)

"Core" [BL]
BlackTie
CrystalSilver
Confidential(White)

non[BL]
WhitePlatinum
BlackVelvet
Tuxedo
LuxeMetalicious
Magnetic
SmokedQuartz
IngotSilver
SilverSand
PlatinumDune
KaratGold
BronzeFire
RubyRed
TahitianPearl
MidnightSapphire
AllureBlue
Guard

so...
2 dozen choices overall,
not counting:
Java(Navi), Kodiak(MKT), DarkSide(MKS) ((vehicles which aren't [BL]able yet)) &
which ^ colors I ^ expect to be ^ replaced for the 2016my

- - - - - - - -

basically
-- think I'd make the Core-[BL] paints STD, if costs don't prohibit that
or vice-versa
or develop new White, Black(s), & Silver

-- need BOTH metallic(/glass, like Tuxedo) plus ultra-black non-metallic black available on Every Lincoln

-- NEVER have a Karat-like (or GingerAle/Kiwi-like) color STD on Lincolns

- - - - - - -

edit/add-attachment of my latest "post [BL]" colors

Attachments

·
Registered
5,933 Posts

That interior looks good to me. I think Lincoln could pull off something like that if done right. Absolutely love that white stitching/piping.
I agree I like that shade of blue for an interior!

·
Registered
358 Posts
^ those are Great, Jesster, TY!! :thumb: & :joyous:

tho

this ^ one eludes me
looks like a CanterStage withOUT any Firefox Red

do you think it could just be a pre/non-production tester??
That one is Indulgence, but it's so dark it's hard to tell the brown from black.

81 - 100 of 302 Posts