Ford Inside News banner

101 - 120 of 302 Posts

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
That one is Indulgence, but it's so dark it's hard to tell the brown from black.
TY :thumb: Timf
I put that pic thru my manipulation program again this morning & was able to bring out the brown color
BUT
the seat inserts (middle panels) still look like al cantara to me which Indulgence doesn't use (afaik = only CenterStage does)

- - - - -

& re: blue ^^ & ^^^^^^ :thumb:s & please feel free to post others you guys like
I didn't search much at all before & actually think I'd prefer a black & "blueprint" combo (sorta)

- - - - -

&
googling at puter lab

that Aston pic^ is manipulated = changed red-orange parts to blue

Attachments

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #102

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
I've been thinking of sumthin and tonight's MKX-pricing-posts have pushed me over the edge (not hard).
Now
this isn't specifically about [BL] or
even specifically about Lincoln (ulterior motive)
but
imho it'd be interesting to know for future reference...

does everyone here 'remember'/know-about how Edsel Ford really started '''Continental''' ?
(iirc)
it was after a trip to Yurpland, and he wanted to build a car FOR HIMSELF
then his rich friends saw it and wanted one TOO

so
since Auto Execs (of any brand) don't seem willing to let anyone KNOW if they've done this.
...Other than diff sheetmetal-or-graphics (HL,TL,grille) (which would require a chop or 2 minimum)...
I'm wondering what WE would do if we could . . .

I would make any the black cladding around the wheels PaintColor!! and have the DesignStudio put in overtime making the rest of the black plastic (rockerpanels, bottom fascias) out of CHROME or brushed aluminium OR BOTH!!
and it wouldn't be a huge car or have to have a huge engine
in fact it' be a Virtual-Awd EB Plug-in-Hybrid

Anyone else??

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
'nother foto
Miami Mod

fb page Link
- full foto

and to help keep us/me confused :yikes:
here's
3/30
Black Label: Modern Heritage in Miami
Now.Lincoln.com

As the laws of physics state, for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. The Lincoln Black Label Modern Heritage theme is built on the same principle. Old world influences are tempered by modern design principles, creamy, ecru leather is energized with bold red stitching, and sharp, hard-edged shapes are balanced with rounded, gentle curves. At the Lincoln Black Label home in Miami, we translated this ethos of visual harmony to interior design, designing two rooms inspired by the Modern Heritage theme...

Attachments

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
just posting this to re-find it easily
foto showing the texture of the Z's interior (Not [BL] afaik)

edit
and
2013 MKZ wheels give an example of why I'd like some future wheels to have hidden/covered lugnuts ...with a Larger Star-Logo

re-edit links to fotos I don't remember seeing before (also from C&D)
C Indulgence
C CenterStage (angle shows very little Foxfire)
Z ModernHeritage

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
one of my favorite columnists...

Lincoln MKZ Sedan Offers the Luxury of Common Sense
Enterprise/Wheels: Special To The Washington Post

By Warren Brown - May 31, 2015

It is a beautiful car. That is the essence of it.

Forget prestige, intangible quality — all those things that have everything to do with the price inflation of an automobile but little or nothing to do with enjoyment of the car itself.

Think sculpture. Think art. Think the 2015 Black Label edition of the Lincoln MKZ sedan. It is an exquisitely beautiful car, inside and out, pure and simple...

...the Black Label folks at Lincoln are doing it right, and probably for a heck of a lot less money [than Cadillac (watch?v=Xpugp6DIb3I)].

How are they doing it? By using common sense. To wit: Give folks an undeniably beautiful car offering a choice of four superbly rendered interior design themes — tan-and-cream Oasis, dramatic red-and-black Center Stage, voluptuous chocolate Indulgence, or the elegantly minimalist black-and-white Modern Heritage...

...all this fuss from automotive media and marketing types about horsepower of 400 or more and track-level handling and performance makes little practical sense to me. I’ve been stuck in immense traffic jams all over the world — Brazil, South Africa, Italy, Britain — where horsepower made much less sense to me than the favorable appointments, ergonomics and comfort of the cabin.

This Lincoln MKZ gives those things to me. The promised Black Label treatment offered by Lincoln is much more appealing to me than the rush toward “exclusivity” now championed by the folks at Cadillac...

...what I want...is to feel special. And I want an undeniably beautiful automobile — elegantly flowing exterior lines with bold winged front fascia, deep-chocolate interior covered with Venetian leather and Alcantara textures, and one of the most attractive, ergonomically useful instrument centers in the business.

I want the Black Label edition of the Lincoln MKZ.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
^^^^^

Well then he should get in line!! Oh, wait, there is no line.

I agree though on the MKZ, taken for what it is intended to be it's phenomenal IMO, the problem comes when people consider it for what they wanted it to be.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
That's the important distinction between Ford and Lincoln, a Lincoln makes you feel special in hundreds of tangible and intangible ways. It's not a matter of technologies alone.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
something I'd never heard about...
Dodge Viper 1-Of-1 Personalization Program Expanded, Matte Finish Now Available
MotorAuthority
By Viknesh Vijayenthiran
Jun 21, 2015

Dodge’s ultra-exclusive ‘1-of-1’ personalization program for its Viper supercar has proven so popular that for the 2016 model year the American go-fast brand is adding even more options, one of which is a striking matte finish available for most of the exterior colors. It means the Viper is now available in more than 50 million unique configurations, made up from the more than 16,000 unique paint color options and more than 48,000 unique stripe combinations...
...Some additional options include satin chrome or satin black finishes for the badges and fuel cap...

...Dodge will start accepting orders for the 2016 Viper in July. Remember, no two Vipers ordered with the 1-of-1 personalization program are allowed to be alike for any single model year, not even when it comes to their color, so if you have a particular combination in mind you had better head to your local Dodge dealer come July and lock in your preference. Dodge has an online configurator for its 1-of-1 Viper personalization program that you can play around with, details of which you can find here: Link -to- Link

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
happened upon a blue interior in a 3yo LDC video

just sticking this here...
saw a diff version of the old engineering maxim:
fast / good / cheap ... pick two
performance / luxury / price ...

'nother edit
was thinking tonight that FLincMoCo might be changing from Tuxedo to Velvet(non-met.black)
so they can bring out a new über-sparkly 'black' exclusively for [BL]
( imho however, Lincoln needs to offer both! )

Attachments

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Lincoln @ facebook released a nother [BL] themed interior photo**

This^^^ is supposed to be [CenterStage]???

** imhO, someone at Lincoln must be a frustrated interior decorator

&
tho I almost hate to say it ... they need to throw away the ArchitecturalDigest and study MarthaStewart & LauraAshley
;
the stuff they've shown is just too antiseptic, sterile, and UN-welcoming

Attachments

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
Re: [BL]... should Should SHOULD???

EXCORIATING the Z[BL]
C&D

July 2015 By STEVE SILER

OVERVIEW
2015 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Black Label, base price: $46,500. Technology package: $2495. Multi-contour seats: $595. Full-length sliding glass roof: $2995. THX sound system: $995. Chroma Flame metallic red paint: $1750. Grand total: $55,330.

Yep, 55 grand.

Why lead this review with a price breakdown? Because it underscores the point we’ve made about the MKZ all along, which is that it doesn’t offer a whole lot more than the Ford Fusion with which it shared its mechanicals—all but one of the powertrains and even the infotainment setups are identical—yet it is far more expensive. Indeed, this particular MKZ is nearly as expensive as possible, which makes its shortcomings stand out even more...

[ deleted Hybrid-specific verbiage to focus on [BL], 2b2 ]

...As a luxury car, the Black Label model we tested is a mixed bag. Like all MKZs, this test car is very pretty—perhaps its strongest selling point versus the cheaper Fusion—and has a ride that’s creamier than a bowl of warm pudding. The Black Label’s material upgrades, which include a black microsuede headliner, leather-topped dash and door panels, and black-stained wood, are worthy of a Mercedes-Benz. But in our car those niceties contrasted starkly with ill-fitting dash-to-door junctions, a warped rubber liner in the lower center console, and grainy hard plastics behind the headrests and in the cup holders.

At the end of the day, it’s going to take more than Venetian leather and the numerous spiffs of Black Label ownership (see below) to make the MKZ better. A refreshed MKZ is expected next year as a 2017 model, and it will adopt Continental-esque styling cues, although that will address the aspect of the MKZ that needs the least help. [bolding 2b2] Here’s hoping Lincoln puts just as much work into the interior and powertrain.

WHAT'S NEW
The new-for-2015 Black Label trim levels for the MKZ and MKC are part of Lincoln’s effort to distance its products from the Fords on which they’re based, as well as to provide a more special ownership experience than non–Black Label models. Buyers of the high-zoot Lincolns get services—administered through certified Black Label dealers—such as single-point concierge service, free car washes for the entire length of ownership, vehicle pickup/delivery for maintenance, free loaner cars during service, and more. The MKZ Black Label interiors come in four flavors—ranging from warm brown tones to the more avant-garde black-and-tomato “Center Stage” theme on our test vehicle—and include the aforementioned headliner, as well as perforated microsuede and Venetian leather upholstery, real wood, and coordinated floor mats. All this comes at a cost of $10,415 more than the base MKZ. [ misleading/incomplete price reference ]

WHAT WE LIKE
The MKZ’s styling has always been its strongest selling point, and while the Black Label treatment brings few exterior tweaks to distinguish those cars from workaday MKZs, the car looks fresh and modern. The massive sliding roof is quite cool, especially when sitting in the rear seat. The ride quality is Lincoln-worthy...[ Hybrid-verbiage ]... Speaking of sound, the optional THX audio system is splendid. The chance to experience the Black Label fixin’s was the primary reason we reviewed this car again, and indeed they’re very, very nice.

WHAT WE DON'T LIKE
[ Hybrid-verbiage ]... The push-button transmission gear selector and audio-volume/fan-speed slider controls look clean in terms of design but create challenging—and sometimes irritating—ergonomic experiences. Finally, the nifty roof blocks much of the view out of the rear window when retracted, and we’re told that its weight may account in part for our disappointing fuel economy.

VERDICT
Even the Black Label experience isn’t enough to make the MKZ competitive in its entry-luxury segment.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Re: [BL]... should Should SHOULD???

WHAT WE DON'T LIKE
[ Hybrid-verbiage ]... The push-button transmission gear selector and audio-volume/fan-speed slider controls look clean in terms of design but create challengingand sometimes irritating—ergonomic experiences.
Haha...yeah, if pushing a button is too much of a 'challenge' for somebody, that person shouldn't be behind a wheel in the first place.:facepalm:

·
Registered
614 Posts
Relating to my inspection of the MKZ, I can only agree with C/D.

Hybrids, especially expensive hybrids, shouldn't be coming in at under 200 horsepower.

Apparently, they found the new materials insufficient to excuse an underwhelming interior, overall...and the interior was something I did NOT like when I checked out the MKZ.

Here's hoping that the upcoming MCE is much more than the typical styling update with added paint colors.

101 - 120 of 302 Posts