Ford Inside News banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lincoln Blackwood Luxury Truck Revived via Navigator-based Rendering

View attachment 6529 View attachment 6529 View attachment 6529

For those of you who don’t recall the Lincoln Blackwood, it was a luxuriously-trimmed pickup truck based on the Ford F-150 Crew Cab sold for the 2002 model year. Production lasted for only 15 month, with only 3,356 units being rolled out.

The Lincoln luxury truck came back in 2006 as the Mark LT, but US sales ceased in 2008. The vehicle continues to be sold in Mexico, where it’s Lincoln’s best-selling nameplate.

With the 2015 Lincoln Navigator introduced earlier this week, our friend from X-Tomi Design used the SUV’s bold face to recreate the Blackwood pickup truck.

More at Link:
http://www.autoevolution.com/news/l...ived-via-navigator-based-rendering-75658.html

Attachments

· Registered
5,940 Posts
Something that should never happen...

· Registered
5,442 Posts
A guy has a Blackwood nearby. It was ugly as sin to begin with and it hasn't aged well. Props to Lincoln though, they stepped outside of the norm and took a chance, they failed as often times happens when you try to extend yourself, but you have to respect their effort!

· Mercury C557
22,902 Posts
I think it was more Ford trying to capitalize more profits than Lincoln taking a chance. My neighbor has the LT, it's a nice looking truck but it looks just like the f150 even down to the shape of the headlights.
iirc, back around the time it was stopping in the U.S. I read that it had been create specifically to give the Lincoln dealers "something to sell"

that was obviouslt before FoMoCo decided to trim LM dealers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.