Ford Inside News banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
10,933 Posts
Yeah, MKC was a solid base hit, right when they needed it. I think they will easily fix it’s short comings next round, but I have to say, it is still an excellent little CUV, if you are of modest stature or just don’t use the 2nd row much. I think it happens to be priced a bit high, especially in BL trim, but then again, what premium loaded CUV these days does NOT give you sticker shock. You want features, you pay. And I have to say, I have not seen big incentives on it yet. That might change as it’s cycle draws down, but I actually considered one before leasing an Escape for my wife. I thought it would have been a good time to come back to Lincoln. But the lease amounts were over $200 more, non BL of course, and with the 2.0L. Escape had twice the incentives and far less cost. It’s the perfect female vehicle, it just is. Small, cute, etc. I bet if Lincoln wanted to move far more units, they could do it. It’s not like they are not already raking in major ROI.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Just home from my recent visit to Canada and seeing the MKC and new MKX for the 1st time in the flesh, it confirmed my opinion that Lincoln does not have design issues.
Lincolns issue is that not enough consumers seem to care or consider the brand at all.
Friend of the family had just got his MKC, and I was able to do a thorough inspection, and came away very very
impressed. With all aspects, design, attention to detail, fit and finish and very high quality materials throughout the cabin.

I am still of the opinion that Lincolns only hope is China, which will buy Lincoln N.A. the time to work on the North Americans perception of the Lincoln brand.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
2b2, not sure what the wood is called but yes, it was a grayish/slate colour. Looks really nice & classy. I don't generally like wood trim, but this looked fabulous and matched up really nicely with the rest of the interior colours.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
The only non BL vehicles now are the Navigator and MKT. Makes me really interested to see the new Navigator so we can see the BL themes. I know they said Rhapsody would be Conti only but I wonder if they will go back on that and offer it in the new Navigator

·
Registered
251 Posts
2b2, not sure what the wood is called but yes, it was a grayish/slate colour. Looks really nice & classy. I don't generally like wood trim, but this looked fabulous and matched up really nicely with the rest of the interior colours.
I wonder if Canadian models receive a different wood trim. The Expresso Ash is not gray at all on US vehicles. The Jade, which is available on some models is gray but here is the Expresso Ash in an MKC with Cappuccino interior.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
^ I was surprised too, BruceLinc, that's why I wanted MKII to confirm what I thought I saw in his photo
otoh - tho this would hafta be an extreme case...
RealWood being a natural material CAN differ between 'batches'

The only non BL vehicles now are the Navigator and MKT. Makes me really interested to see the new Navigator so we can see the BL themes. I know they said Rhapsody would be Conti only but I wonder if they will go back on that and offer it in the new Navigator
I really expect an exclusive Navi[BL] close to its Concept = light not deep blue
tho
naturally
I hope Lincoln expands [BL] choices so eventually All models get both Rhapsody and "HarbourMist"
:nerd:

·
Super Moderator
7,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Volvo S90 Excellence Package...

This makes me wonder what Lincoln will do with Continental specifically for China, where the rear seats are the most important.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Navi will get a nautical themed BL model, as we saw on the concept (I thought that interior combo looked fantastic) with a lighter shade of blueish gray and blonde wood accents. I like that Lincoln is pushing the envelope some with interior color combinations (even if just on the BL models). I hope that down the road, Lincoln will allow for more customization on the regular trims (offering whichever wood type with any interior color, etc)

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I wonder if Canadian models receive a different wood trim. The Expresso Ash is not gray at all on US vehicles. The Jade, which is available on some models is gray but here is the Expresso Ash in an MKC with Cappuccino interior.

I looked at the Lincoln Canada brochure and it shows the same wood colour as your picture posted.
But in my friends the wood colour and even the grain/texture looks totally different comparing to the images in the brochure. To my eye the wood in my friends MKC looked 100% natural wood, and is most definitely a grayish colour, and look way better then that shown in the brochure.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I looked at the Lincoln Canada brochure and it shows the same wood colour as your picture posted.
But in my friends the wood colour and even the grain/texture looks totally different comparing to the images in the brochure. To my eye the wood in my friends MKC looked 100% natural wood, and is most definitely a grayish colour, and look way better then that shown in the brochure.
Interesting. The Expresso Ash in the Continental is definitely not grayish. It is an open pore brown - just like in the picture of the MKC interior. In the Continental, the Jade interior has the grayish wood.

I haven't looked inside an MKC but apparently they went a different direction than what is shown in the brochure.

·
Super Moderator
7,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Next Gen Continental convertible...

And notice the door handles on the RR Dawn, and then the Continental logo. With neither having the traditional door handles interrupting the cars lines.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Interesting. The Expresso Ash in the Continental is definitely not grayish. It is an open pore brown - just like in the picture of the MKC interior. In the Continental, the Jade interior has the grayish wood.

I haven't looked inside an MKC but apparently they went a different direction than what is shown in the brochure.
fwiw here's a mega photo of the Conti-Reserve-Cappaccino's EspressoAshSwirl from SlashGear's article that you posted in the Review thread

Attachments

·
Registered
251 Posts
In that console picture, everything has a blue look to it...at least to my eyes. Here is a picture of the rear door wood in the same car from Slashgear. This is a very accurate representation of the Expresso Ash in every Continental that I have seen.

[URL="[/URL]

·
Registered
96 Posts
OMG, that's horrible! I tend to like Audi's understated design, but in that case it's so anonymous that it'd be virtually invisible. It'll sell, for the same reason the hideous Lexus crossovers sell, because of the brand.

Edit: Did you actually call that A3 aggressive?
If it weren't for the Audi badging, this would be almost indistinguishable from a VW CUV. And it is an aggressive VW clone.:-(

21 - 40 of 67 Posts