Ford Inside News banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
This is from Sept, no one else posted it and I forgot about it, but it's a great short piece.
http://www.autonews.com/article/20160924/OEM03/309269977/lincolns-lines-fall-into-place
"Will the sloping shoulder line, upward kink and dropping rear end of the Continental become signature elements of Lincoln?

The elements you mention I see as Continental signatures, especially the falling line to a separated rear haunch. The most important aspects that will influence other Lincolns are great proportions, upper scale relaxed confidence and elegant beauty. One aspect important to convey confident beauty is what I call the "in-flight gesture," namely that the car sits well over its rear wheels in a level or falling attitude to the rear. This is something evident in MKZ and Continental and something I am definitely keen to build upon.

You have toyed with the idea of a coupe. Are you re-evaluating new segments?

As you know, we cannot discuss future product. However, the creativity just exhibited by our Navigator Concept, on the heels of announcing the production version of the Continental, is certainly proof we have a deep and thriving well of creativity in the Lincoln studio."

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
^ TY @spudz64 :thumb: I hadn't seen that

just-imho, the Lincoln Design Center has BEEN producing several generations of STARstang designs...(I'd LOVE to see those renderings-or-scalemodels-OR-fullsize clays!!)...
(( hope Jens Meiners who wrote the piece doesn't run into any of the 100 LDC 'creatives' - if I was one, I'd take him to task for the "TOYED WITH" crack ...with considerable "prejudice" ))

otoh, imho he's just spouting currently-Approved verbiage with:
"
Our design language is about exuberant proportions; horizontal emphasis; clean, restrained execution; long flowing lines..."
I'd call those 'styling trends' & those change, cyclically/regularly imho

·
Super Moderator
7,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
2017 Flex made it to the Ford website, but so far, no 2017 MKT on the Lincoln website with the horizontal grille. Both have a 11/7/16 production start up date.

·
Super Moderator
7,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #45 (Edited)
Coming up next for Lincoln...

2017 - New Navigator
2018 - New MKC
2019 - New Aviator, New MKZ, Refreshed MKX
2020 - New Lincoln Coupe, Continental Refresh, New Executive Car

I also see the New MKZ and the New Coupe to be RWD/AWD siblings, sharing a version of the next gen Mustang architecture.

I believe the New Lincoln Coupe and New Mustang come in the same year.

Look out 3-Series and C-Class. Lincoln is coming......

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
I installed the MyLincoln Mobile app a while ago even though my Z doesn't have the modem, just to keep track of service and it popped up saying there would be a big update to it soon.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Found this article on Jalopnik about the Lincoln C http://jalopnik.com/lincoln-tried-something-drastically-different-once-1788979669 while it kind of feels like a dig with the writer taking a shot at Lincoln at the end it kind of makes me wonder. Once I put my tinfoil hat on it makes me think maybe Jalopnik knows Lincoln is going to show something special at the LA Autoshow and maybe this is a precursor?

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
:thumb: ^

QUOTE=badhac;229402 ] ...it kind of makes me wonder. Once I put my tinfoil hat on...
re-:thumb: + :clap:
& rubber gloves, etc

... it makes me think maybe Jalopnik knows...
:surprise2: :angel

Jollypop = diabetes of the mind ...imho/for me

... Lincoln is going to show something special at the LA Autoshow and maybe this is a precursor? [ /QUOTE
I got a feelin' SOMEday FLincMoCo will surprise us (Yes, even us, Here @ FiN)
tho my analytic side is thinking
As Much As Possible is on a wait-&-see basis for now

edit:
I'm really amazed how what I called "The Abomination" when Lincoln showed it;
has been completely DE-TOX'ed by, in particular, by ToyLex's atrocities

·
Super Moderator
7,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #51 (Edited)
Found this article on Jalopnik about the Lincoln C http://jalopnik.com/lincoln-tried-something-drastically-different-once-1788979669 while it kind of feels like a dig with the writer taking a shot at Lincoln at the end it kind of makes me wonder. Once I put my tinfoil hat on it makes me think maybe Jalopnik knows Lincoln is going to show something special at the LA Autoshow and maybe this is a precursor?
That article was just pointless. Not realizing that concept was before Lincoln took a completely different design/marketing direction. So far for the LA Auto Show, Lincoln is still showing the Navigator Concept. I guess this is it's last show before Detroit and the production version is shown. But I was hoping the Expedition and Navigator were not being shown at the same time. Since Lincoln is trying so hard to differentiate itself from Ford. Ford does not even have a page on their media site for the LA Auto Show. I would expect the 2017 Focus Electric with larger battery/CCS along with updated C-Max would be there. But nothing yet.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Yeah this is looking like a pretty quiet LA Auto Show. Kind of disappointment as was hoping to see something other than the Ecosport.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Any idea when they'll show the Navigator? I'd say it's safe to assume it and the Expedition will be shown at different times.
I am going to guess Navi at NAIAS and Expy at Chicago

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Any idea when they'll show the Navigator? I'd say it's safe to assume it and the Expedition will be shown at different times.
I honestly thought would maybe see the Expedition in LA and Navi in Detroit, but since LA has been pretty meh I guess maybe we will see the Expedition in Chicago. Hopefully they don't debut together.

41 - 60 of 67 Posts