Ford Inside News banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Yup.
You know why? I am a Ford fan on a Ford fan site. That's called, clear and present bias. I am dam proud of it.

Now, when I did do so, I recall you were right there, complaining.
So.......Karma baby
You behaved the same way on Gmi so hiding behind a ford fan site to explain your behavior is just ridiculous. Now how about answering your accusation that I said that GM is the leader?

·
Registered
10,933 Posts
You behaved the same way on Gmi so hiding behind a ford fan site to explain your behavior is just ridiculous. Now how about answering your accusation that I said that GM is the leader?
So as the discussion shifted to relative sales to Cadillac/ GM….you are suggesting that your remark about ‘following the leader’ was not a little poke at Lincoln. Hmmm. OK then, my apologies. Don’t know HOW I would ever think that.

Now, back on topic, Lincoln’s HUGE sales success.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I like seeing the Lincoln is gaining momentum in China. While would like to see larger gains in the US, I understand it takes time. Plus any Lincoln sales are good right now.

·
Registered
394 Posts
So as the discussion shifted to relative sales to Cadillac/ GM….you are suggesting that your remark about ‘following the leader’ was not a little poke at Lincoln. Hmmm. OK then, my apologies. Don’t know HOW I would ever think that.

Now, back on topic, Lincoln’s HUGE sales success.

I quite simply responded directly to your comment about Lincoln's (china) plan. I honestly don't know which manufacturer was first to capitalize on the huge potential of China, I know Buick was there years ago, maybe it was GM but maybe it was bmw, mb, or ??. I don't know. But it certainly wasn't Lincoln with that brilliant foresight. They just followed. Again. Just once, I'd to see Lincoln lead rather than follow. THAT was my point.

Don't assume you know anything about who I am.

Thanks for the apology. I accept it!

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
I like seeing the Lincoln is gaining momentum in China. While would like to see larger gains in the US, I understand it takes time. Plus any Lincoln sales are good right now.
I think we all would....but also remember the US is an established, saturated market. As you said, it will unfortunately take time for sales to turn around. Not to mention Lincoln's image hasn't exactly been the best over the last decade plus, and it'll take time to turn that around too, but I think they're well on their way to doing that. It is encouraging to see the Continental do so well in its first limited sales month. I'm definitely interested to see how the Navigator will do.

China is a growing/new market, and Lincoln also has a favorable image there, meaning sales gains are easier to have.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Not to mention Lincoln's image hasn't exactly been the best over the last decade plus, and it'll take time to turn that around too, but I think they're well on their way to doing that.
I hope that I'm not the only one who thinks great cars from Lincoln will do more for Lincoln's image than great cars have done for Cadillac's. The only thing that Cadillac has is a head start in making great cars - Lincoln has yet to do that - but the race is not always won by the swift.

·
Super Moderator
7,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
As much as the conversation has been between ($44k)Continental and ($53k)CT6, the true American competition from Cadillac for the Continental is the ($45k)CTS. Cadillac with it's several year head start, has already created their vehicle for the segment(CTS) the late coming Continental is now competing in. CT6 is now reaching higher for S-Class/7-Series RWD long wheelbase customers. Lincoln already has plans for a true CT6/S-Class/7-Series competitor in the upcoming years.

CTS is due for a replacement soon, as it's sales have been dropping steadily from a high of 55k in 2011 to a low of 19k in 2015. With 2016 expected to be about 15k. However, Continental clearly out does the CTS in every aspect. The expectation is that Continental outsells CTS in November and and December.

What i want to see is back to back test drives of the Continental and 5-Series/E-Class for the impressions of consumers missing the luxury+power that Continental offers.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts