Ford Inside News banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lincoln Climbs to #4 in J.D Power Luxury Survey
Autonews

Lincoln is clearly heading in the right direction.

Looking back, in the same 2010 J.D Power Luxury Customer Service Survey, Lincoln was at #26. One year later in 2011, Lincoln made improvements to their customer service experience and moved up a remarkable 18 positions to #8. Now with the New Lincoln Motor Company in full swing, along with launching Black Label offering a higher level of service in select markets, for 2015 Lincoln continues it's rise in customer service satisfaction to #4. Surpassing #5 Cadillac, #6 Infiniti, #7 Mercedes-Benz who are all above the Luxury Brand Average for customer service satisfaction. While #8 BMW drops to below average, a full 20 points below Lincoln.

For 2015, Lincoln is just 4 points behind Audi at #3.

What's also important to note is that Lincoln Black Label is scheduled to launch nationwide by end of 2015, which will offer even more Lincoln customers what could be the highest level of customer service in the tier 2 luxury car industry.

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This make me think.....

Could it be that with MB and BMW dipping down into the sub $30k market, they are attracting Ford/Honda/Toyota/Nissan consumers that are barely able to afford the luxury car, but are not really prepared to pay the high cost of ownership of the MB or BMW? Or deal with reliability issues with their most expensive car ever, and not expected from the luxury brand they 'thought' was better than the rest.

Especially when they could have purchased a $30k Ford Titanium model, with more features, and maintained higher reliability along with lower maintenance costs than the German luxury brands.

Which could also be what helped give Lincoln a customer satisfaction boost, by offering matching features at a lower price point and with lower service costs. I guess this is why Lincoln did win a recent cost of ownership award.

Well Done Lincoln!!

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
^ :thumb:
interesting if not down-right strange...
...are these scores weighted towards the physical vehicles OR dealership experience??

I need to know since most Lincoln dealers are part of a conjoined F-L establishment, no?

also interesting that only Buick & Mini have numbers better than the lowest Lux
+
at those who post (@GMI) about Buick being equal to Lincoln!!

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
I read this as being customer service focused, thus independent of product. It's good to see Lincoln so high though it should be expected to some degree as that has been one of their primary focuses. The flip side then is when Cadillac has been largely panned for the same yet somehow they're three points behind.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Why would Buick and GMC not be equal since they share everything. Showrooms, Salesman, service center
I would tend to think GMC buyers aren't the same as Buick buyers even if sold in the same showrooms so their perceptions/expectations could be vastly different, or as Germeezy might say, utterly divergent!

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Nice. If you buy a Lincoln, you will pay less and will be served better at dealers than if you buy Mercedes-Benz or BMW.

P.S.:

I'm surprised how bad (relatively) are the BMW service.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
I think that cars like the CLA or 2 series will cause problems to Mercedes and BMW. When the customer buy a CLA, spect the same excellence as in the S-Class. But this is impossible. The CLA is a compact, relatively cheap car ,that cant bring the customers the experience of a E-Class or S-Class. The expectations are high and the car is unable to fill them. This affect this surveys.

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would not be surprised if BMW owners are ticked by the cost of their service appointments.
Especially those new BMW customers at entry level, who used to own a Ford, Honda, Toyota or Nissan, and are used to the lower service hourly rates and parts pricing.

·
Registered
436 Posts
My Lincoln/Mercury service department has always treated me like gold. They treat you like a person not a number and act like they truly appreciate your business. Now the couple of times I've carried my Lacrosse in for service at the Buick/GMC service department they've always been very friendly and courteous but they always seem to be in a rush. Lincoln service certainly isn't like that at all they're more than glad to take time to talk with you about any concerns you may have.

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Another interesting note is that the Ford brand(344,331) outsells the Chevrolet(302,670) and Buick(29,971) brands combined YTD by 11,670 units.

While Cadillac(23,419) outsells Lincoln(12,783) by 10,636 units YTD.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts