&
maybe medication for schizophrenia & multiple-personalty disorder
+
a heaping helping of GUMPTION & stick-to-it-ness

then....
I don't really have a 'sense' of Mr. Woodhouse ......or WHAT he's doing

^that^said^
imho the Conti's StarShadow grille doesn't mean there's a revolt coming
(tho the rumor of the Z getting it might)
imho a LOT of reassurance could come from just talking about Lincoln Design in the right way ...rather ZEN-peaceful-organic growth&development (screw excitement - my nerves can't take that kind of excitement!)
+
I really don't want to see any CuvSuvs with a new grille before the aluminNavi
I don't know what's really going on. All I can say is that I've been pretty underwhelmed. I can say the same thing from just about every other major car company, though. Mazda seems to be the only one that's doing it right in the design department.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
re: "a perfect exterior design DNA",
imho they don't happen often or regularly OTHER THAN some of the examples in ScarredKnightfan's Favorite Vehicle thread

imho Lincoln 'was' On Track with the Z > C > NaviMCE > X
and/but I don't expect or even WANT a Porsche-like stuck in a pleasant rut
&tho
I rate Lincoln's post-Z style performance equal to or better than "just about every other major car company"!!

guess MY main point is 3-parts:
-- ONE vehicle won't determine my judgement about Lincoln's DESIGN DNA
-- do NOT want to have the DNA flip-flop with every major debut!!!!!!!!!
-- really REALLY want to see some DEVELOPMENT year-after-year, where there IS a relationship PLUS improvement/intensification PLUS incorporation of new ideas
( no, I don't ask for much** :angel )

N.R said:
I don't know what's really going on....
in a sense, that^s how it should be imho
except** that we fans should feel confident that whatever is next, IT'S GONNA BE GOOD

that said
at THIS point
think Lincoln ought to let us know something

...I really don't want to see any CuvSuvs with a new grille before the aluminNavi
AND/BUT
I want *ALL* the CuvSuvs to '''adjust''' (not flip-flop) withIN 13 months!!

·
FIN Moderator
2,106 Posts
re: "a perfect exterior design DNA",
imho they don't happen often or regularly OTHER THAN some of the examples in ScarredKnightfan's Favorite Vehicle thread

imho Lincoln 'was' On Track with the Z > C > NaviMCE > X
and/but I don't expect or even WANT a Porsche-like stuck in a pleasant rut
&tho
I rate Lincoln's post-Z style performance equal to or better than "just about every other major car company"!!

guess MY main point is 3-parts:
-- ONE vehicle won't determine my judgement about Lincoln's DESIGN DNA
-- do NOT want to have the DNA flip-flop with every major debut!!!!!!!!!
-- really REALLY want to see some DEVELOPMENT year-after-year, where there IS a relationship PLUS improvement/intensification PLUS incorporation of new ideas
( no, I don't ask for much** :angel )

in a sense, that^s how it should be imho
except** that we fans should feel confident that whatever is next, IT'S GONNA BE GOOD

that said
at THIS point
think Lincoln ought to let us know something

AND/BUT
I want *ALL* the CuvSuvs to '''adjust''' (not flip-flop) withIN 13 months!!
Lincoln needs to come up with an attractive, distinctive design DNA that fits all types of vehicles and evolve it! They've never done that! The MKZ shares absolutely nothing with a 60s Conti. The 60s Continental has nothing in common with the 1940 Continental. If you debadged those cars, you'd think they were from several brands. Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Bentley, Audi, Rolls-Royce, Porsche, Land Rover, and Jaguar don't have that problem. They've all maintained their signature design features they were born with. Lincoln must have been born with Multiple Personality Disorder!

It would be nice if Ford designers would openly discuss their motives.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
^ nitpicking,

I rank the Kennedy Conti eye-to-eye with the first-body Buick Riviera
BUT
I see continuity between said Conti & the mid50s' Conti MkII (and thus/maybe even Edsel's first one)
((edit: now to the ContiConcept ))
yet
not-so the Riviera ...with any previous Buick I'm familiar with

then again
maybe "DNA" is a weighted word/concept for me?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Lincoln needs to come up with an attractive, distinctive design DNA that fits all types of vehicles and evolve it! They've never done that! The MKZ shares absolutely nothing with a 60s Conti. The 60s Continental has nothing in common with the 1940 Continental. If you debadged those cars, you'd think they were from several brands. Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Bentley, Audi, Rolls-Royce, Porsche, Land Rover, and Jaguar don't have that problem. They've all maintained their signature design features they were born with. Lincoln must have been born with Multiple Personality Disorder!

It would be nice if Ford designers would openly discuss their motives.
:lmao: I love Lincoln but that's funny. I totally get what you're saying though.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Saw it live today! Was unable to get very close as it was up on a turntable away from the other cars, but I love it in person. Much longer, lower, and wider than I imagined from pictures. Looks really big and very stately. My guess is the Chinese will love it, as long as they stay pretty faithful to the concept. Have a few pictures that I'm having trouble uploading right now (yay Chinese internet!), but we've already seen better, closer shots, so you're not missing much.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
BTW, the Lincoln Continental Concept made it on the cover-page of the current issue of the MOTORTREND magazine.

Was nice to see a Lincoln on the cover....:thumb:

281 - 291 of 291 Posts