Ford Inside News banner

41 - 60 of 291 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
I'm very surprised that this doesn't have the split wing grille. I guess that's why I was so shocked.

I wonder if Max was the lead designer on this car.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
You should see some of the sour grapes over at GMI :p

But on a serious note I mentioned the MKX is launching with the spit grille BUT the MKZ refresh should be around the corner, next year probably. I wonder if it will get this grille?

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
That is a stunning concept, nicely crafted and a great vision for a modern uber Lincoln. But again....concept! If this is an MKS successor, they have to tone it down quite a bit.

The grille is growing on me, at first it looked a little too derivative, flat, anonymous.

It's probably safe to assume MKZ will feature some form of this grille in the update. Looks like Lincoln will never have a uniform showroom, LOL. Which is fine, it's a brand that I'm sure will go through many more design transitions.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
yeah, that is the only problem IMHO.
True, but you have to draw a line in the sand at some point. Using the dramatically different Continental concept was a clearer break-point than the MKZ would have been.

Oh, and if there was ever to transfer a car from concept to production untouched, IT'S WITH THIS CAR!!!

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
^ I really believe they got the styling so finely balanced for the concept that this could dance on the head of a pin

&
for production, they can easily move the basics around a LOT with No problem

otoh
they also could well keep this grille design unique to the Continental
and have all MK vehicles continue with horizontal ribs - wouldn't be hard At All to ditch the split
without ANY other changes than full width-ing the ribs

·
FIN Moderator
2,106 Posts
This car looks comfortable and soothing. The interior looks like it was designed by Michael Graves. Very humanistic. Love it!

I wonder if they're working on a Mark.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
It's not swoopy for the sake of being swoopy, or busy for the sake of being busy. Just a purposeful large luxury sedan that has for first mission to be a beautiful luxury car. As someone else said, Lincoln probably won't (and shouldn't) try and sell this as a high-power sports sedan. Leave that to Cadillac and the Germans; this is a different type of concept and should be a different type of production car.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Can't stop going on about this... there's something almost retro about the dash; it's gotten away from being swoopy, and is more classic in that it is upright and practical. Reminds me of the flat dash in the Zephyr reboot; many derided it as 'old looking', but when everything else very organic and flowing, a return to square is actually kind of refreshing!

Lincoln, PLEASE keep an interior option like this for the Black Label line!

41 - 60 of 291 Posts