Ford Inside News banner

21 - 40 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
The dash-to-axle ratio is inevitably going to shrink by an inch or two, but beyond that, the whole car looks almost exactly the same.

Much like the A8, the Continental's length will help exaggerate the proportions (which is a good thing).

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I wanna see a blue interior make production sans a lot of chrome.

Very happy with the look and feel this car is producing even as a mule with camo.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
I wanna see a blue interior make production sans a lot of chrome.

Very happy with the look and feel this car is producing even as a mule with camo.
x2 for the blue interior!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
^ & ^^ the or at least "A" blue is guaranteed
FLincMoCo knows what'd happen if they wimped out

I even expect Some kind of interior chrome option to become available - tho not be std
I'm cool with the blue, but against the chrome, could blind ya lol. Actually all the chrome was the only thing I didnt like about the concept, was just too much inside and out. The chrome along the bottom was overkill for me.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
^
- thinking the inside chrome could be in areas that don't reflect sun into eyes
( there's a KennedyConti interior with lots of chrome in Mission:Lincoln somewhere )
- &or might be metal but not (all) mirror-chrome ( ^ditto )
- wonder really how much worse the reflection is off chrome VS gloss pianoblack/wood?
&
I've called for chrome rockers for a long time (optionally) BUT think they came up too high on the ContiConc
ie chrome shouldn't go OVER a ridge/strake but stay below it ... just to give a bit of floating impression/mirage

:joyous:

·
Registered
358 Posts
The blue will likely be a Black Label theme. It's a bit out there to be a standard offering, and I can't see dealers ordering it for stock when they don't even like Hazelnut.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
It looks like these Continental prototypes bring back the "Insta-Clear" windshield. I know they are pretty common among other luxury makers but Ford/Lincoln hasn't had one since the 80's.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
The dash-to-axle ratio is inevitably going to shrink by an inch or two, but beyond that, the whole car looks almost exactly the same.
It looks taller too, not as low slung as the concept.

It's also got more sheetmetal above the wheelarches compared to the Concept below.

From the looks of it, it's the Continental Concept's styling adjusted to fit the hard points of the new 2016 (Chinese) Taurus.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
WHADDYA mean he didn't reveal anything???
btw added video to you post :joyous:

right at the start he says the StarShadow grille is going on the whole lineup!!!

~24:00 he says Lincoln's model nomenclature will 'probably' be a mix of Names and not-names

~31:00 Woodhouse escapes McElroy's poorly-set "hook" about the LincStang
( *I* thinks he practically confirmed the MKE-side of the S550 )

finished the whole video...
I'll be most interested in hearing Jose's opinion of Mr.W!!

·
FIN Moderator
2,106 Posts
David Woodhouse was on autoline detroit yesterday where he talked about the Continental concept, he didn't reveal anything about future products but still informative.

http://www.autoline.tv/journal/?p=38257

Thanks for sharing! It was great to see John Manoogian on this one!

It's nice to know Woodhouse believes Lincoln should be Lincoln in order to be successful in the marketplace. I'm still skeptical about his design abilities, though. He did say this new design language will evolve into a more distinctive and "Lincolnish" DNA. I liked how John McElroy and David discussed the similarities of this car's design philosophy to the famous Continentals the Fords were involved in. I'll give him and his designs a chance.

21 - 40 of 195 Posts