Ford Inside News banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran across this Craigslist Ad for a 1977 Lincoln Continental Mark V Truck

1977 Lincoln, it's a unique vehicle and only 12 of them were made for 1977, to this day only one other can be found. Mine is #7 of the series. It cost $30,000 new in 1977.
Was this really a sanctioned Lincoln vehicle? I can't seem to find any information on it. Or just a custom job thru a dealer?

·
Registered
5,932 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it was done by a separate company not by Lincoln or Ford.
I didn't think so. The ad is a little misleading, giving the impression that it was an official Lincoln vehicle. Plus the reference that it cost 30K in 1977 - that's $114,557.92 today (adjusting for inflation). I can't see anyone paying that much for a this truck in 1977.

All that (grumbling) being said - Overall, it is a nice looking vehicle.

·
Registered
5,932 Posts
I didn't think so. The ad is a little misleading, giving the impression that it was an official Lincoln vehicle. Plus the reference that it cost 30K in 1977 - that's $114,557.92 today (adjusting for inflation). I can't see anyone paying that much for a this truck in 1977.

All that (grumbling) being said - Overall, it is a nice looking vehicle.
I read around and yea, it looks like a company in CA did it. Here is an ad for a CB Radio showing off one.

Also when I went to Lincoln Land the Mark V Collectors was 20k in the 70s. Which is very expensive. It is possible this guy could have been charging 10k to convert it but even so thats still a really high price.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Cadillac offered similar 'utes with the Eldorado.

WOW! that's a nice MK3 'ute. Amazing for the times. A woman wears a Mink coat at her own risk these days....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts