Ford Inside News banner

1 - 20 of 240 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
All-New Lincoln Continental Delivers Quiet Luxury:
Elegant, Effortlessly Powerful, Serene

Lincoln Motor Company heralds the return of its flagship – the all-new Lincoln Continental – an elegant, effortlessly powerful, serene full-size sedan that delivers quiet luxury to the industry’s most discerning customers.

Beginning this fall, Continental offers first-class travel for clients in America and China, bringing warm, human touches and a contemporary design.

The full-size sedan is designed to appeal to culturally progressive clients who define luxury on their own terms – craving superior quality, craftsmanship and safety.

All-new Continental design is thoroughly modern, with Lincoln’s new signature grille and an athletic profile that is dynamic and progressive.

Lincoln’s new flagship welcomes drivers with a brand-exclusive lighting sequence. As the driver approaches the car with the key, LED signature lighting in the lower front fascia and taillamps subtly engages, while signature lighting in the headlamps awakens in a fluid motion. Lincoln mat lights then brighten the pavement around the front doors, helping show any hazards, while select interior lights warmly illuminate the cabin.

Continental door handles are designed to offer elegant and effortless entry with new E-latch door release. The release is discreetly integrated within the beltline, leaving the body side clean. With the gentle touch of a button, the vehicle’s doors pop open, then use available power-cinching technology to automatically close and secure.

An elegant available panoramic sunroof covers nearly the entire roof area; the front half slides up and over the rear – creating a large open-air driving experience and an even greater feeling of spaciousness for up to five Continental occupants.

- See more at: https://media.lincoln.com/content/lincolnmedia/lna/us/en/continental.html#sthash.dibfWLAz.dpuf

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
"America and China"

So are they not going to offer it in the Middle East? IIRC the Town Car was somewhat popular there.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts

That is already way better looking that the CT6

·
Registered
206 Posts
Those rear seat controls look amazing! I need to make it a goal of mine to afford this car when I get out of college (used).

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Available Lincoln Black Label interior themes offer
unique woods, leathers and other materials in specific
colors and patterns:

CHALET is inspired by ski vacations, and features highcontrast
colors to reflect the bright snow on the slopes
countered by dark woods often used in a ski lodge;
two-tone steering wheel uses light leather on the inner
ring and dark leather on the outer. Silverwood has a
dark tone with silver highlights in a pattern inspired
by birch trees

THOROUGHBRED is inspired by horseracing and it uses
rich dark leather resembling that of a saddle on the seats
and upper instrument panel. A diamond-quilted pattern
that mimics the quilting of a horse blanket is used in
select areas of the seats and doors, while Chilean
Maplewood is used for trim

RHAPSODY is exclusive to Continental. Bright accents
including hand-laid aluminum mesh contrast against the
blue interior

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Available Lincoln Black Label interior themes offer
unique woods, leathers and other materials in specific
colors and patterns:

CHALET is inspired by ski vacations, and features highcontrast
colors to reflect the bright snow on the slopes
countered by dark woods often used in a ski lodge;
two-tone steering wheel uses light leather on the inner
ring and dark leather on the outer. Silverwood has a
dark tone with silver highlights in a pattern inspired
by birch trees

THOROUGHBRED is inspired by horseracing and it uses
rich dark leather resembling that of a saddle on the seats
and upper instrument panel. A diamond-quilted pattern
that mimics the quilting of a horse blanket is used in
select areas of the seats and doors, while Chilean
Maplewood is used for trim

RHAPSODY is exclusive to Continental. Bright accents
including hand-laid aluminum mesh contrast against the
blue interior
Hmm... It says that Rhapsody is exclusive to the Continental, but they didn't say that about Chalet. I wonder what vehicle will get the Chalet theme?

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)

Hmm... It says that Rhapsody is exclusive to the Continental, but they didn't say that about Chalet. I wonder what vehicle will get the Chalet theme?
Chalet was shown in the MKZ @ LA ...along with Vineyard and Thoroughbred

·
Registered
5 Posts

That is already way better looking that the CT6
Agreed. The interior of the CT6 is a huge disappointment and not at all up to the quality of the class the car aspires to be included amongst.

I was expecting Lincoln to eclipse them and clearly they have. Cadillac may well have lavished more attention on their platform which is vital but what good is it if the customer interface was done on the cheap and looks like it. The material quality, design, and technology of the Lincoln interior appear to be appropriate for the caliber of car the Continental aims to be and several steps above their crosstown rival's upcoming offering.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Job well done Lincoln! This is car is absolutely beautiful inside and out. I only wish they had given the top engine choice more than 400hp.:rock::rock:​

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I love everything about the car except for the grille, that needs to go back to the drawing board again. The plinth idea doesn't become the central focus of the design but instead all attention is brought to the sagging edges on either side. The shrunken Lincoln logo is also lost in the mesh of the grille and the idea is generally lost in translation. For the most part, it's just a weak copy of a Jag grille.

The interior is probably the best American interior we've ever seen.

No 9-spd mentioned...I'm sure that means 6-spd which you don't want to draw attention to.

Technologically the Lincoln doesn't seem to break much ground, I haven't heard about any new features besides the door handles and seats, the rest is currently available features in Fords and Lincolns. The updated cruise control is a bit of catch-up, this is an area where Ford has been really lacking.

1 - 20 of 240 Posts