Ford Inside News banner

21 - 40 of 240 Posts

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Hmm... It says that Rhapsody is exclusive to the Continental, but they didn't say that about Chalet. I wonder what vehicle will get the Chalet theme?
I wish they had pictures of Rhapsody. I loved the blue on the concept, but I have to admit the one they showed pictures of (the tan/black combo with the gray-ish wood) does look fantastic.

·
Super Moderator
7,893 Posts
• Push-button start brings the available Lincoln-exclusive 3.0-liter GTDI V6 engine to life, offering a projected 400 horsepower and 400 lb.-ft. of torque for easy and smooth acceleration

• When equipped with th e3.0-liter GTDI V6 engine, the Dynamic Torque Vectoring system automatically adjusts torque between the left and right wheels on the rear axle of the all-wheel-drive system to aid cornering and provide con dent handling and stability – especially in tight turns

Lincoln Drive Control allows the driver to choose among three suspension settings, normal, comfort and sport. Advanced sensors in the continuously controlled damping system monitor the road 23,000 times per second and automatically adjust to provide a smooth and comfortable ride

Auto Hold keeps the vehicle at a complete stop without having to hold your foot on the brake; this helps make driving a bit easier in heavy stop and go traffic

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Auto Hold keeps the vehicle at a complete stop without having to hold your foot on the brake; this helps make driving a bit easier in heavy stop and go traffic
I wish I had this with my commute haha.

Reactions: Bloggin

·
Super Moderator
7,893 Posts
• Available 20-inch tires are lined with foam to reduce road noise from the tire cavity on the road and over tar and expansion strips by up to seven decibels

Available Perfect Position front seats o er a new era of wellness and luxury, and can be adjusted up to 30 ways. The upper seat back supports the shoulders, while the suspension system supports the body. This combination helps take stress o the shoulders and neck. Two available extending thigh cushions, each independently adjustable, add further support. The seats o er heating, cooling and available massage features, while the rear seats are also available with adjustable recline, heating, cooling and massage features.

• Passengers have space to relax with expansive legroom, available controls in the rear center console operate the ventilation and sound systems; placement of the controls for all interior functions is optimized for easy use

• Rear windows can be equipped with manually operated sunshades, while sun coming through the rear glass can be reduced by an available power sunshade

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
• Push-button start brings the available Lincoln-exclusive 3.0-liter GTDI V6 engine to life, offering a projected 400 horsepower and 400 lb.-ft. of torque for easy and smooth acceleration

When equipped with the 3.0-liter GTDI V6 engine...
so
there WILL be another drivetrain :nerd:

·
Super Moderator
7,893 Posts
Lincoln’s new flagship welcomes drivers with a brand-exclusive lighting sequence. As the driver approaches the car with the key, LED signature lighting in the lower front fascia and taillamps subtly engages, while signature lighting in the headlamps awakens in a fluid motion. Lincoln mat lights then brighten the pavement around the front doors, helping show any hazards, while select interior lights warmly illuminate the cabin.

- See more at: https://media.lincoln.com/content/lincolnmedia/lna/us/en/continental.html#sthash.WGQtK4pQ.dpuf

·
Super Moderator
7,893 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,893 Posts
so
there WILL be another drivetrain :nerd:
That's what it looks like. The 3.0L V6 with 400/400 is 'available'.

I also don't see any mention of transmission. It's got to offer the new 9-speed, if Raptor can offer the new 10-speed.

·
Super Moderator
7,893 Posts
• Available adaptive cruise control with stop-and-go functionality automatically can slow the new Continental, resuming higher speeds when traffic clears and activating the brakes automatically to bring it to a complete stop if the driver fails to apply brakes in time.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
That's what it looks like. The 3.0L V6 with 400/400 is 'available'.

I also don't see any mention of transmission. It's got to offer the new 9-speed, if Raptor can offer the new 10-speed.
& they said LATE 2016 = November imho

but
I'm not going to limit my imagination** about what other powertrains are possible....

**why start now :nerd: >:) :angel

·
Super Moderator
7,893 Posts
Really happy with how this turned out. We can't forget this will be starting the $45k range, and I think that it looks spectacular for that class, and will compete well with cars a class above it.
It looks like there will many upgrade packages. The base model won't get the 3.0: V6 with 400hp or AWD, so it could very well start at $50k+ but be optioned well into the $70k+ range.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts

but
I'm not going to limit my imagination** about what other powertrains are possible....

There'll be a base powertrain. As we've discussed previously , likely either the 2.3 (MKC) or the 2.7 (MKX).

Reactions: Bloggin

·
Super Moderator
7,893 Posts

but

Availability is 'late Summer 2016' so we are looking at April/May/June or July/Aug at the latest. And maybe Oct for China.

21 - 40 of 240 Posts