Ford Inside News banner

41 - 60 of 240 Posts

·
Registered
1,214 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,893 Posts

Based on a derivation of the CD4 platform, which also underpins the Ford Fusion, the architecture was extensively modified for the Continental. Not only have the wheelbase and the front and rear track been enlarged, the front structure was reengineered to create a longer dash-to-axle ratio to achieve more rear-drive proportions.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #50 (Edited)
^ I'll see your $49,999.99 and lower-you to $49,000
...to allow for del.chg

Availability is 'late Summer 2016' so we are looking at April/May/June or July/Aug at the latest. And maybe Oct for China.
I'm falling behind ... was that an exact quote, Bloggin?
thought I saw just "Late 2016"

According to Car & Driver, the base engine is the 3.7L V6 found elsewhere in the lineup. The whole range comes with a 6 speed transmission. As far as engine hierarchy goes:

Base: 3.7L V6 FWD/AWD

Mid: 2.7L Turbo FWD/AWD

High: 3.0L TT AWD-only

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/2017-lincoln-continental-photos-and-info-news
There'll be a base powertrain. As we've discussed previously , likely either the 2.3 (MKC) or the 2.7 (MKX).
just-imho, C&D is trying 'logic', not actual info

I agree with a 4cyl-turbo for China
and if the Z stays with a 2.0T
can see a 2.3T in the Conti
after all the CTsix starts with JUST a 2.0t
&
if Lincoln wants an entry-price model, make it Only Fwd
(fewer configurations = least mfg'ing costs)

oops/edit
I'm still not ruling out a 3.5T :angel

re-edit
found DetroitFreePress
saying the 3.7 / 2.7T / 3.0T too
& they added 2.0T for China

·
Registered
68 Posts
YES!!! Now THIS is a Lincoln!!! BRAVO!!!!! What a great day to be a Lincoln fan. See guys, our patience and faith is beginning to pay off. The leaps from MKZ->C->X->Continental have been nothing short of amazing. This is only the beginning. Lincoln is here to stay. Fck all the naysayers.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Also, are we sure this isn't going to become Lincoln's #1 seller? Perhaps even give some rivals (thinking Lexus/MB) a run for their money? We have the return of an iconic nameplate, it's starting under $50k (reasonable price of entry), 3 distinct engines (from casual cruising to high speed), endless customization options, an amazing interior and a beautiful exterior. 2b2 - your sales estimates for the Continental used to seem a bit lofty to me but now I'm thinking you were on to something :p

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #55 (Edited)
^ I said it before but not recently, that's MY mirror design :joyous:
from many years ago (guess I'll have to look for the scan of the sketch)

A "What if" chop: If the Continental had RWD proportions... front axle/ front end moved forward about 4-5 inches.

I think it also works, what do you guys think?
patience

just a couple-few years to cD6

Also, are we sure this isn't going to become Lincoln's #1 seller? Perhaps even give some rivals (thinking Lexus/MB) a run for their money? We have the return of an iconic nameplate, it's starting under $50k (reasonable price of entry), 3 distinct engines (from casual cruising to high speed), endless customization options, an amazing interior and a beautiful exterior. 2b2 - your sales estimates for the Continental used to seem a bit lofty to me but now I'm thinking you were on to something :p

for reference: 16k to 26k annually ... U.S Only
Don't think we've had much/any speculation about how many China will buy - - - imho More

tho want to say the more I look at pix, the more delicious it gets
caNNot wait for 'in the wild' fotos (.. @DetroitBORG, you still gonna abstain from NAIAS? )

am I repeating pix? :angel how about non[BL]...

·
Registered
10,940 Posts
Gorgeous.
I knew it.

Everything sounds wonderful, even a base 3.7L that I can afford, although I recognize it will not be as plush as these premium pics.

Did anyone notice the foam lined tires that reduce road noise by 7 freaking decibels? That is completely amazing. This thing will be the most quiet vehicle I have ever driven in, by far.

41 - 60 of 240 Posts