Ford Inside News banner

101 - 105 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
That's why this thread is about the G70. Why did Hyundai get it and Ford didn't?
How long do we beat this dead horse? Ford mgmt made just terrible decisions the first decade plus of this century leading them almost to the point of collapse. At that point they made massive changes which focused on the Ford brand, for good reason. No point in investing limited resources into a virtually dead luxury brand until such time as the cash cow main brand is healthy.

Regarding Hyundai getting it right, they have had outstanding management. They've gone from cheap, unreliable Mitsubishi knock offs to a legit international brand. The RWD platforms underpinning their Genesis brand weren't products that began development four years ago, they've been in progress much longer.

Notice a difference? Do you actually believe that type of mismanagement can be undone in four years? I'm far from a blue skies kind of guy when it comes to Lincoln, but even I'm getting bored with beating this dead horse. If you don't recognize the progress that has been made, and don't believe that bodes well for the near future nobody can help you.

·
Registered
10,933 Posts
Meh, I bet many Genesis customers are wondering why they can’t offer SUV/CUV’s that people want.
Genesis started with sedans and had it easy copying what was out there and working from a wiped clean slate.
Lincoln started (mostly) with CUV’s with their rebirth and it’s always more challenging to work around what you already have.

We can talk about what Lincoln needs today, but I bet you a bag of donuts, Genesis has their own wish list, because sales are far more in Lincoln's favor.

101 - 105 of 105 Posts