·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lincoln Has Best July in Years as MKC Demand Increases
Lincoln

By Michael Tomlin-Crutchfield
Aug-11-2014 9:00 AM ET

​​DEARBORN, Mich. - Lincoln had a great July with sales up 14 percent year-over-year. The brand sold 7,863 vehicles making this its best July since 2008. Erich Merkle, U.S. Sales Analyst, is optimistic about the remainder of 2014 for the luxury automaker.

“The rest of the year should bring really good results for Lincoln,” Merkle said. “As dealer lots continue to get more MKC’s I expect sales to continue to grow.”

Lincoln’s newcomer the premium utility MKC, sold over 1,500 units last month in its third month in the market. With an average turn of just 11 days on dealer lots, they are selling fast.

“Lincoln will see benefits from the MKC because the small premium utility segment is the fastest growing in the luxury space,” said Merkle.

The brand as whole has seen sales steadily rise throughout 2014 thus far.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I would love to see they MKZ remain above 2900 sales per month with the MKC steadily increasing. The MKC is on track to sell about 10000 units in this calendar year.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Apparently the average ATP for Lincoln is $41K, Caddy is at about $50K. I assume Lincoln will probably drop a bit with the MKC but will pick up again slightly with the new MKX and MKS next year.

I've seen plenty of the MKCs running around, of course I'm in Detroit. The MKC is unfortunately blessed with some ugly color options, especially the gold and purple...that's when they are particularly noticeable ;)

Many of the people driving them are EXTREMELY elderly, just like the MKZ. Which always surprises me considering the interior tech. Ah well, I guess they have to buy something too ;)

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Apparently the average ATP for Lincoln is $41K, Caddy is at about $50K. I assume Lincoln will probably drop a bit with the MKC but will pick up again slightly with the new MKX and MKS next year...
...&Or
if [BlackLabel] debuts tomorrow!! and becomes available SOON.......
( figure that's good for a few thou each )

(( a few more Navigator sales with the MCE won't hurt either! ))

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
...&Or
if [BlackLabel] debuts tomorrow!! and becomes available SOON.......
( figure that's good for a few thou each )

(( a few more Navigator sales with the MCE won't hurt either! ))
I would love to see it but not sure if Lincoln plans something for tomorrow

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Apparently the average ATP for Lincoln is $41K, Caddy is at about $50K. I assume Lincoln will probably drop a bit with the MKC but will pick up again slightly with the new MKX and MKS next year.

I've seen plenty of the MKCs running around, of course I'm in Detroit. The MKC is unfortunately blessed with some ugly color options, especially the gold and purple...that's when they are particularly noticeable ;)

Many of the people driving them are EXTREMELY elderly, just like the MKZ. Which always surprises me considering the interior tech. Ah well, I guess they have to buy something too ;)
The older empty nesters downsizing from large sedans or minivans they got for the grandchildren are one of the largest demographics moving into the compact luxury suv. The midsize 5 passenger SUV(Edge/MKX) is their other choice.

They are easier to get into and out of than a car for older folks/baby boomers with bad knees or who are overweight, and offer better visibility for older adults.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I should mention Black Label is appearing in the MKC order guides now with 4 packages, the one we are already familiar with from the MKZ and something else. There is Indulgence, Center Stage, and Modern Heritage. I'm forgetting the 4th one arriving with MKC.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
I should mention Black Label is appearing in the MKC order guides now with 4 packages, the one we are already familiar with from the MKZ and something else. There is Indulgence, Center Stage, and Modern Heritage. I'm forgetting the 4th one arriving with MKC.
TY :thumb:
&
Look it up!!!! PLEASE
:toetap: :angel :toetap: :angel :toetap: :angel :toetap: :angel :toetap:

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
any info about the Debut of that? I can't understand why Lincoln didn;t show any BL model in a Motor Show like NAIAS, NY,etc.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
MKZ and MKC BL are due to arrive end of year, always have actually. The order guides describe a huge variety of interior coloring and leathers for these cars btw. I've only heard them described to me over the phone from my contacts at Ford. I'll try get an order guide.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
^ :thumb:

might be easier to get tomorrow if [BL] is at PBC

:toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap:

just checked google
nothing in NEWS
and haven't found anything new in WEB so far

wonder if the Z will still get these wheels?

more Car&Driver pix than I remember

anyone know off hand if the MKC minisite shows these?

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
^ :thumb:

might be easier to get tomorrow if [BL] is at PBC

:toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap:

just checked google
nothing in NEWS
and haven't found anything new in WEB so far

wonder if the Z will still get these wheels?

more Car&Driver pix than I remember

anyone know off hand if the MKC minisite shows these?
maybe they release some info by midnight at Ford media or Lincoln media?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts