Ford Inside News banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lincoln has Super Bowl aspirations for football season's 2015 MKC campaign

DETROIT -- The ad campaign for the 2015 Lincoln MKC launches this weekend on major college and professional football games and will run at least through next April, substantially longer than some other Lincoln campaigns.

By hitting the three biggest college football games and the opening weekend of the National Football League season, Lincoln hopes to get the same buzz it would get advertising on the Super Bowl, said Andrew Frick, Lincoln general marketing manager: “300 million impressions -- that’s the expected broadcast television views we’ll see through the launch weekend.”

The campaign features Academy Award winning actor Matthew McConaughey, behind the wheel of his MKC in a series of slow-paced, meditative spots. The campaign -- called “Live in Your Moment” -- introduces Lincoln’s entry in the luxury compact crossover segment, one of the industry’s fastest growing.

http://www.autonews.com/article/201...owl-aspirations-for-football-seasons-2015-mkc

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
I may have over sold the news, unless you ask marketing types who claim they are the reason for success (although curiously, never for the failures) and that this is the biggest news Lincoln has had in years.

On a lessor importance scale, I heard that Lincoln is producing a RWD Conti with a modern V8. Not really big news, of course, until marketing gets involved.

I kid.

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
On a lessor importance scale, I heard that Lincoln is producing a RWD Conti with a modern V8. Not really big news, of course, until marketing gets involved.
On a lessor importance scale a RWD Conti with V8??? of course that this news if it is true it would be BIG news!

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
just-imho
college football, appealing to moneybags-alumni is a good demographic-fit
but not pro-football

guess Lincoln didn't pay attention to all the posts suggesting, that whatever that entertainment award-show in January is, would've been a better place to spend the advertising bucks than the SuperBowl

wonder when they're going to give pro-GOLF a try?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts