A new, Navigator inspired model

AND/OR

the traditional F-150 rebadge.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Navigator inspired model looks really good. It's to bad Ford has decided to cancel the Mark-LT after this year.
Thanks, I too think it's too bad that the Mark LT is dying....I think with distinct sheetmetal and features, it could've been a better seller.

Power tailgate anyone? I'm waiting for that one...

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I never thought about that before but now that you mention it, it is surprising that Cadillac has not come out with that feature on the Escalade EXT. And you would think Ford would have at least put it on a pre production model F-150 Platinum.
My reasoning behind the lack of this option is because of the hydraulics (at least traditionally) used, it would then not be removeable, but then again, I don't see too many trucks w/out their tailgates, let alone a luxury truck.
With modern technology, I'm sure there's a way they could integrate the power mechanism into the hinges or something, but then, as I said, you'd lose the removable tailgate feature.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Thanks, I too think it's too bad that the Mark LT is dying....I think with distinct sheetmetal and features, it could've been a better seller.

Power tailgate anyone? I'm waiting for that one...
Welcome rmc . . . great shops. Just for the record the LT outsold the Escalade EXT every year they were together on the market but the last one, when the GMT900 truck was introduced.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, I think I'll enjoy it here....it's a little (well, a lot) smaller member wise, so it's more laid back, etc. than Blue Oval Forums is.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Living in Dallas, I see a lot of Mark LTs on the road. I don't understand why they decided to drop it. The Blackwood was a disaster - the Mark LT actually sell and are a beautiful truck.

I think they need to rethink this.:(

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome rmc . . . great shops. Just for the record the LT outsold the Escalade EXT every year they were together on the market but the last one, when the GMT900 truck was introduced.
I know it outsold the EXT, I just mean a better seller in general (at least enough to justify it's existence)

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Living in Dallas, I see a lot of Mark LTs on the road. I don't understand why they decided to drop it. The Blackwood was a disaster - the Mark LT actually sell and are a beautiful truck.

I think they need to rethink this.:(
Ford isn't able to justify spending any more $$$ into a new one because of it's relatively low sales. However, I believe if they invested into the thing and differenciated it from the F-150, it'll sell better, but that decision isn't up to me.

Also/at least we're getting the new Platinum F-150 to replace it, which looks really good, IMO.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts