·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lincoln Marks Best Sales Start Since 2010

Lincoln
By Chris Rahi Kassab
Feb-04-2015 7:00 AM ET

​Lincoln U.S. sales were up 11 percent in January, giving the luxury brand its best start in five years.

“Lincoln continues to gain momentum,” said U.S. Sales Analyst Erich Merkle. “Overall sales were up 11 percent last month, and Lincoln showed even stronger results at retail, with sales up 22 percent over last year.”

The new MKC had a good month, with 1,602 vehicles sold, and the refreshed Navigator is resonating very well with customers.

“January sales of the Navigator were up 144 percent over last year and there was an even larger increase at retail, which was up 162 percent,” said Merkle. MKZ sales were down 14 percent compared to last year but Merkle said the decline was due entirely to lower fleet volumes, as retail sales increased 2 percent.

“Lincoln has been on a journey and will continue to be, as we work toward re-establishing a great American luxury brand,” said Merkle. “Sales continue to improve and we have yet another new product coming in the all-new MKX later this year. Stay tuned, as we will have even more to announce in the coming months.”

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
“January sales of the Navigator were up 144 percent over last year and there was an even larger increase at retail, which was up 162 percent,” said Merkle. MKZ sales were down 14 percent compared to last year but Merkle said the decline was due entirely to lower fleet volumes, as retail sales increased 2 percent.

2015 Navigator is doing very well with maintaining and even growing it's current customer base, which sets up the All New 2017 Navigator for even higher sales growth.

Now that Lincoln is mostly exiting the fleet market, more needs to be done to attract retail buyers. Hopefully the refreshed 2016 MKZ will offer a more aggressive design update with a performance trim level. The coming EcoSelect could make the hybrid more appealing if that feature along with other drivetrain updates boosts the EPA fuel economy. But a plug-in hybrid would really help, however, Lincoln has no Certified Electric dealers.....yet(unless that's been happening in the background).

"Stay tuned, as we will have even more to announce in the coming months"

Will it be the 2016 MKZ Refresh, 2016 MKZ Energi, a New $50k MKS or a New $70k Continental?

Between Detroit and Geneva shows, we should see quite a bit from Lincoln and Ford.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
"Stay tuned, as we will have even more to announce in the coming months"

Will it be the 2016 MKZ Refresh(...)
I assume you are referring to CY and not MY - because there won't be a 'refreshed' MY16 MKZ...the order-guides for MY16 are already out and it's basically the same as MY15.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I believe the updated MKZ is a 2017 MY car, the Navigator is likely 2018 MY. Remember Lincoln products need to go on hiatus when they share a line with a Ford so expect Navigator to arrive a full MY later than Expedition as we've seen with MKZ and MKX.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
I assume you are referring to CY and not MY - because there won't be a 'refreshed' MY16 MKZ...the order-guides for MY16 are already out and it's basically the same as MY15.
So the MKZ is going to go four years without a refresh? In spite of it losing some traction in the market I'm okay with that visually as I don't know how they improve upon the existing design outside of maybe LED headlights. On the other hand I want to see the nano and the new AWD system in it yesterday!

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
The MKZ may have launched as a 2013 MY car, but it didn't really hit dealerships until mid 2014 so it's not that old really.

Most Ford/Lincoln vehicles have a 3-4 MY year lifecycle between updates. I'm assuming Lincoln is eager to redesign the interior to instal their new corporate switchgear and Sync 3 to improve customer satisfaction. I actually love the design right now but I realize I'm in the minority and people want something that looks and works much more conventionally.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I have been seeing lots of MKXs, seems like a very popular vehicle around the Toronto area. Also saw my first MKC on Canadian soil! Have only seen a few old MKZs, but actually seeing quite a few MKS on the street, which is a good sign. While I wish the MKC was doing better, overall, Lincoln is up, and that is positive news.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
The MKZ may have launched as a 2013 MY car, but it didn't really hit dealerships until mid 2014 so it's not that old really...
umm

2013 ... and April-May iirc
saw my first in-real-life Z, Aug 2013 + drove one at a Drive Event

because of the late Job1 (Nov 2012 iirc) and THE BOTCH, the Z's 'my' matched its 'cy'

I believe the updated MKZ is a 2017 MY car, the Navigator is likely 2018 MY...
as LFFL said, we KNOW the Z update can't be earlier than 2017my
re: aluNavi
I've always expected a late cy2016 Job1
but (this IS FLincMoCo) it still could be either 2017my or 2018my
IMHO
since we just saw a ~160% retail increase for Jan,
HOW LONG WOULD You/We WAIT??
-- the refresh is doing so well, there's no rush
-- the refresh is doing so well, let's keep momentum going with an ASAP aluNavi
-- the refresh is doing really well, REGARDLESS we'll follow our existing schedule
??

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There was one addition I saw and that was the new EcoSelect for the Hybrid model. So who know what other undisclosed changes we might see.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
... I don't know how they improve upon the existing design...
A complete redesign of the front end would greatly improve it. Right now it looks like a suppository with a mustache.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
A complete redesign of the front end would greatly improve it. Right now it looks like a suppository with a mustache.
Many people seem to feel that way, I'm not one of them. I think the execution of the MKZ was exceptional given how close it had to remain to the Fusion in hard points and profile. And I don't see a mustache but a very sexy set of wings (no relation to that Red Wings fan), swept back and sleek! In spite of how well the MKC and MKX look I still believe the MKZ has the best version of the split wings grill.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
There was one addition I saw and that was the new EcoSelect for the Hybrid model. So who know what other undisclosed changes we might see.
When I had a chat with my SA a few days ago (I also told him about FIN - so in case he's reading this: 'Hi, Jason!:joyous:'), we were talking about what to expect from a refresh and I mentioned that the MY16 order-guide was already out and that one thing that was mentioned and sounded new to me - besides the EcoSelect - was the accent-light in the headlights. My SA told me the MKZ would get some sort of LED strip-surrounding of the outer edges of the headlights - similar to the one on the MKC.

I know for sure that my MY13 MKZ doesn't have accent-lighting of any kind - besides the DRLs. Does anybody know if this feature was mentioned on the MY15?

I was surprised when I heard that because changes like that are usually reserved for mid-cycle refreshs. That made me wonder if there will be any major refresh on the MKZ in the first place...

Looking at other major improvements like the Revel-system...how feasible is it in the first place to integrate it on the MKZ? After all, they basically had to design the MKX around it to make it work.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I personally love everything about the MKZ design, I have a hard time imagining a redesign that doesn't take away form it's elegant form (bigger headlamps, bigger more vertical grille, etc.). It's actually the only Lincoln design I really like right now. I typically don't like MCEs, they never look as good as the original design.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I personally love everything about the MKZ design, I have a hard time imagining a redesign that doesn't take away form it's elegant form (bigger headlamps, bigger more vertical grille, etc.). It's actually the only Lincoln design I really like right now. I typically don't like MCEs, they never look as good as the original design.
Design-wise, I totally agree. The MKZ still looks as modern as on day one - actually years ahead of the majority of cars currently on the road.

Basically, all I want are the FEATURES of the new MKX offered on the MKZ as well. That would be 'refreshing' :lmao: enough...

The only reasons why I'll probably switch from my current MKZ to the X are features and technology - including the new engine. If the MKX will be such a headturner as the MKZ - that I don't know and honestly, doubt a bit. But I also want to avoid leasing basically the same car twice...

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
Best sales start since 2010?!?!
It must have been a dream I had then, debating endlessly how that may or may not be true.

Anyway, I think we will be hearing about the MKS replacement soon. In addition to that, I think they will be announcing what the white space (2017) Lincoln will be as well. All within the next few months.

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The only major change I would make is to add a full body color rear bumper with integrated exhaust for a cleaner appearance at the rear,

1 - 20 of 27 Posts