Ford Inside News banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Content Admin
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Harter Lincoln-Mercury in Shreveport has closed and its inventory has been moved to a Ford dealership in the auto mall.

Roundtree Ford is buying the franchise but it won't be selling Lincolns and Mercurys until they get licensing approval from the state, a spokesman for Roundtree said Wednesday.

http://www.ktbs.com/news/local/5974951.html

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
They just spent a fortune to build it up to the new LM dealer standard, too. I bet this really hurt.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
They just spent a fortune to build it up to the new LM dealer standard, too. I bet this really hurt.
If you dig deeper the problem might be too many Lincoln Dealerships around town. The Buildings look nice though. Most GM Dealerships especially around where I give look like its 1979. Add the fire sale signs and you have a typical Domestic dealer look

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
The reduction of the dealer network is a must under the current circumstances. Is sad but unavoidable.
Some of these dealers are to blame for the mess. Years of poor customer service and poor feedback to Ford about product is coming back to bite

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Does chevy really need more dealerships?
They do in Hartford, anyway. And Chevrolet as a brand offers a wider range of prodcut than Lincoln-Mercury, too. Maybe the dealer feels he has a better chance offering Aveos, the new Malibu coming soon, Equinox, Tahoe, Silverado, the RWD Impala in a couple of years, the Camaro about the same time, maybe even a Corvette or two....................

1 - 8 of 8 Posts