·
Registered
10,961 Posts

·
FIN Moderator
2,106 Posts
From the link above,

"Summing it…

The newly redesigned MKZ is a beautiful machine and packs in a load of comfort, safety and entertainment features. For the price it’s being offered at; the Lincoln MKZ definitely provides great value for money."

Oh boy, there is that dirty word again.

LOL
I don't think Americans understand value anymore.

In America, overpriced turds are luxury vehicles......even when the people that buy them use easy credit and food stamps.....and are unemployed.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Value is often a word that is utterly divergent from luxury because the truth is that great values are easily available from the mass market brands if that is all that one desires.

Personally I do not desire Lincoln vehicles that are good vehicles only with value considered but Lincoln vehicles that are great vehicles period. The Aventador LP700-4 despite being an amazingly poor value is a compelling car regardless of where it lies as far as the value equation is concerned.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Value isn't in and of itself a dirty word in the premium market. The issue here, for me anyways, is that value isn't a choice for Lincoln, it is the only way they will move vehicles. BMW can talk about the value they provide in that they hold their value far better than most competitors, all while charging premium prices for them.

If a Lincoln can be judged as an equal to its competition and yet still be a great value then good for them. If a Lincoln standing shoulder to shoulder is viewed as worthy of consideration only because of its value that's not good at all.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Value is when a the new Chevy Corvette Sting Ray is as good as a Porsche 911, at 2/3 price... . Luxury is pay more just to say: " I drive a Porsche"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts