Ford Inside News banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lincoln MKC will hit the China car market on October 23, but only in three cities

The Lincoln MKC SUV will be launched on the Chinese car market on October 23, marking the start of a large Lincoln sales offensive in China. Price for the Lincoln MKC will start around 350.000 yuan and end around 450.000 yuan (57.000 – 73.000 USD).

The MKC is a good looking car with a modern engine and the price seems about right for an imported SUV. But the question is how Lincoln is going to sell it. According to Lincoln’s Chinese website the brand currently has only three (03) dealers in China; in Xi’an, Chengdu, and Guangzhou. It will open three more before the end of the year; in Shanghai, Qingdao, and Hangzhou. so that is only six. And bizarrely, the capital Beijing won’t be served at all this year. Lincoln’s China headquarters is based in Shanghai.

More at: http://www.carnewschina.com/2014/09...arket-on-october-23-but-only-in-three-cities/

·
Registered
532 Posts
Can't wait for the 2.9L to hit the MKZ.
I drove a 2010 Ecoboost MKS over the weekend that I was considering buying... thing is a rocket ship! Lots of power... Only thing that I didn't like about it powertrain wise was after slamming on the pedal, power/down shifts weren't immediate. It was like pedal to the medal. . . . . boom! Lol... The paddle shifters worked well though. Also I wanted a deeper tone from the engine, or a deeper exhaust note but idk if that's possible with a turbo 6... I'm looking forward to the 2.9 though!

·
Registered
5,933 Posts

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
I like those clear tail lights over the red ones
I'm torn on the clear taillight lenses. To me they represent the Asian tuner culture more than premium luxury culture in the US. They do look nice in that pic, but I think the MKZ's red taillights also look very jeweled and upmarket too.

·
Registered
997 Posts
How would the taillight lenses be as body color for a clean showcar look. They would light up red to stop, white to backup or amber for turning. Just a thought..

Perhaps the white/silver taillight lenses could look better if there was a chrome strip running the length of the side to blend the whole thing.

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm torn on the clear taillight lenses. To me they represent the Asian tuner culture more than premium luxury culture in the US. They do look nice in that pic, but I think the MKZ's red taillights also look very jeweled and upmarket too.
I like the clear taillights but also I agree with you SP, the red headlights look more upmarket too

1 - 15 of 15 Posts