Ford Inside News banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received an Espresso Kit in the mail today for ordering/buying the new 2016 MKX.

I thought you guys might like to see it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I get so mad when I see them waste time and energy on this type of BS. What does a French press have to do with a Lincoln? I mean where is the real thought? Is there anyone out there buying a > $40,000 car who wants a French Press and doesn't already have one? I would have gotten a pair of mini umbrellas or something at least car useful.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I received an Espresso Kit in the mail today for ordering/buying the new 2016 MKX.

I thought you guys might like to see it.
Ooooh I like. I don't suppose I will get such a treat, though.

Oh well, I guess I can just drive to the coffee shop IN my MKX.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I'll give you $100 for those mugs.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

It might be on the way Adam, you never know. The letter did say "Thank you for buying the all new Lincoln MKX". And as far as I can tell, I haven't bought anything ;)

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Seriously? I kinda like them :)
I'm like 80% serious, but yeah definitely keep them, they're sweet! If you wind up hating your new car, though, my offer will be $70 and 100% serious ;)

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
^

...I would have gotten a pair of mini umbrellas or something at least car useful.
while I agree having your choice from a selection of ThankYou gifts sounds better
just-imhO
it doesn't carry the same impression that something out-of-the-blue does...
...to me it becomes too much of a 'transaction' - - if that makes any sense

Why NOT you TOO, Adam??

hmm... wonder if I should rant for separate gilfts? one from the dealer & one direct from Lincoln??

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I get so mad when I see them waste time and energy on this type of BS. What does a French press have to do with a Lincoln? I mean where is the real thought? Is there anyone out there buying a > $40,000 car who wants a French Press and doesn't already have one? I would have gotten a pair of mini umbrellas or something at least car useful.
It really doesn't take much time or effort, and it's not like engineers are busy on this. I'm all for unique ideas like this that allude to the luxury nature of Lincoln. I don't think that they should put ALL of their energy into these items, but a few well-chosen products can help anchor the brand image Lincoln is working for. And everyone loves free stuff!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I hope I get an espresso kit! It's like they say, it's the thought that counts! That being said, I'm not holding my breath.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts