·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I love this shot

·
Registered
46 Posts
M favorite line: "It's an attractive design with a properly executed amount of flair... Anyone who knocks the style is unjustly ragging on Lincoln."

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
^ yup :thumb:
&
"Anyone who knocks the style is unjustly ragging on Lincoln. The MKX has a similar silhouette to Audi and Porsche crossovers, and the enthusiast press drools over them."

I'm so glad someone else sees this

&
"We also enjoyed the Harman Revel audio system ... does indeed sound good. We'll admit, we were skeptical at first. The three main settings: stereo, audience, and on stage, seemed too subtle during our initial experience. Our view changed late one night when we found an old Springsteen concert on satellite radio. Toggling between audience and on stage, it did feel like we at the show. Our advice: if you take this feature, put up the windows, let all of the Lincoln insulation do its job, and turn up your favorite band. Then you'll see the difference.

That's a metaphor for the 2016 MKX. Lincoln, and this crossover especially, often fly under the radar. But if you actually check out the MKX, you'll notice it's more luxurious, more powerful, and more compelling than before..."
:thumb:

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Still waiting on mine, the build date has slipped again to the end of the month (was originally July 22nd, then August, then September 7th, then September 20th, now September 27th). They are having some issues with parts and quality apparently. I've been waiting 7 months since I ordered and I think I'm on my last nerve with this. Pretty sure I can order and get the new Caddy SRX before this one is ready, haha. I think it's time I admit defeat and move on, just wasn't meant to be this time. I knew this was a risk going into it, Lincoln tends to have very dysfunctional launches and the MKX is no exception. I refuse to extend the lease of this car for a 10th month. Now I have to go find an alternative, I'm open to suggestions, haha! Maybe the new RX?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Still waiting on mine, the build date has slipped another week however :(. They are having some issues with parts and quality apparently. I've been waiting 7 months now.
Didn't you order a fully loaded model? If so, why don't you just get BL? I built a regular MKX and a BL MKX yesterday, fully loaded the regular was about $63k and the BL was about $64k.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Love the profile...love the back...I just don't like the split grill theme.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Didn't you order a fully loaded model? If so, why don't you just get BL? I built a regular MKX and a BL MKX yesterday, fully loaded the regular was about $63k and the BL was about $64k.
I did, very careful not to choose anything marked "Late Availability", haha. Black Label was late and pricing wasn't available. I did price one up later and it came to about $67K, which I think is a reasonable markup for that but I didn't want to keep delaying this order. Inventory is still very scarce for the upper-trim models, and nothing with the color configuration I want.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I did, very careful not to choose anything marked "Late Availability", haha. Black Label was late and pricing wasn't available. I did price one up later and it came to about $67K, which I think is a reasonable markup for that but I didn't want to keep delaying this order. Inventory is still very scarce for the upper-trim models, and nothing with the color configuration I want.
haha Well that's understandable! But now you've waited this long haha. And $67k? I couldn't have missed any major options. I pretty much checked off everything. I'm going to build another later.

Some features I'd love to see that I see in the new XC90 are the heated windshield and heated washer nozzles. I think that's pretty cool but their engineering resources are probably better off spent else well at this moment.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Great review. The new MKX is absolutely beautiful. Now all we need to see is the finalized Continental and restyled MKZ. And I personally would love to see an offering between the Continental & MKZ.

Or in a perfect world just give us back our Mercury! :angel Anyway great review and I really hope these new models bring the success to Lincoln that it deserves.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
haha Well that's understandable! But now you've waited this long haha. And $67k? I couldn't have missed any major options. I pretty much checked off everything. I'm going to build another later.

Some features I'd love to see that I see in the new XC90 are the heated windshield and heated washer nozzles. I think that's pretty cool but their engineering resources are probably better off spent else well at this moment.
I'm not sure what the deal is with the BL pricing on the build site but the stickers are much higher. Here is a BL at almost $67K MSRP. http://crestlincoln.com/Sterling-Heights-MI/For-Sale/New/Lincoln/MKX/2016-AWD-Gray-SUV/41902051/

I've been waiting this long but there is no reason to expect I won't have to continue to wait and just need to move on. I will wait until October 1st to see what happens to my order. Extending the lease now is just becoming a hassle now that I'm beyond 6 months. It wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't so picky, but when I'm spending this much I only want exactly what I want and I'm not willing to compromise. And in the end there is just nothing remotely in inventory that comes close to a loaded Black MKX with a Cappuccino interior, the color combination is very scarce as is any top-end configuration.

This is definitely the worst ordering experience to date unfortunately. I have two big concerns from my previous aborted 2013 MKZ order cropping up again here, the first one is an ambiguous start date that keeps slipping (check!), the other is extended hold and transit times which we haven't even gotten to yet. That 2013 Lincoln MKZ I ordered took 10 months to deliver, 7 months after I had given up and ordered/received the 2013 MKX I'm driving now.

So we'll see, but I just have to draw the line somewhere and October 1st is it, lease has to extend October 3rd and it's going back no matter what.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
borg, honestly, I have never seen anyone fret over a 2 year lease as much as you.
It's a 3 year lease now. You have to remember they stopped building the MKX in December, they stopped taking orders in September before that (a year ago), they started taking orders for 2016 MKX in March, I ordered in April...I don't have a car and there is nothing on the lot. What exactly am I suppose to do, just get anything because it's only 2 years? How long am I suppose to wait before I just give up on it? I'm just stuck in this endless cycle and I regret getting myself in this situation, I thought Lincoln had its launches sorted and I wouldn't have to repeat this. Edge is actually in the same boat, still lacking announced features like adaptive cruise which I would have gotten by now if it was available.

Explorer is also an option but the Platinum is once again also late availability so I'd have to wait for that one to. It's just the nature of the beast, I get that, it's a convergence of circumstances and as a leasee I don't really have the luxury to pick and choose when I want. I'm sure Ford and Lincoln aren't the only ones who have so much trouble with new car launches.

If I had to do it all over again, I would have ordered and leased a 2015 MKX which would have given them time to sort out the 2016 MKX and get Sync 3 and all the Late Availability features installed by 2017. I knew when I ordered that it takes a good 8-12 months for Lincoln to sort out their new launches.

·
Registered
532 Posts
It's a 3 year lease now. You have to remember they stopped building the MKX in December, they stopped taking orders in September before that (a year ago), they started taking orders for 2016 MKX in March, I ordered in April...I don't have a car and there is nothing on the lot. What exactly am I suppose to do, just get anything because it's only 2 years? How long am I suppose to wait before I just give up on it? I'm just stuck in this endless cycle and I regret getting myself in this situation, I thought Lincoln had its launches sorted and I wouldn't have to repeat this. Edge is actually in the same boat, still lacking announced features like adaptive cruise which I would have gotten by now if it was available.

Explorer is also an option but the Platinum is once again also late availability so I'd have to wait for that one to. It's just the nature of the beast, I get that, it's a convergence of circumstances and as a leasee I don't really have the luxury to pick and choose when I want. I'm sure Ford and Lincoln aren't the only ones who have so much trouble with new car launches.

If I had to do it all over again, I would have ordered and leased a 2015 MKX which would have given them time to sort out the 2016 MKX and get Sync 3 and all the Late Availability features installed by 2017. I knew when I ordered that it takes a good 8-12 months for Lincoln to sort out their new launches.
So if you still don't have your MKX by Oct 1, what are you going to get?

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
^^^ +
...It wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't so picky, but when I'm spending this much I only want exactly what I want and I'm not willing to compromise. And in the end there is just nothing remotely in inventory that comes close to a loaded Black MKX with a Cappuccino interior, the color combination is very scarce as is any top-end configuration.

This is definitely the worst ordering experience to date unfortunately. I have two big concerns from my previous aborted 2013 MKZ order cropping up again here, the first one is an ambiguous start date that keeps slipping (check!), the other is extended hold and transit times which we haven't even gotten to yet. That 2013 Lincoln MKZ I ordered took 10 months to deliver, 7 months after I had given up and ordered/received the 2013 MKX I'm driving now.

So we'll see, but I just have to draw the line somewhere and October 1st is it, lease has to extend October 3rd and it's going back no matter what.
Have you ever texted with a Concierge on Lincoln.com? Just wondering...
(edit: or communicated with an official [BL] representative?)

...also wondering
IF you ever (hypothetically) figured out what [BL] colors you'd choose (sorry if I don't remember asking before)((ModernHeritage + BlackTie?))
&
think Lincoln might consider starting an OWNERS CLUB
where discriminating habitual-Lincoln patrons could get just a bit of extra care (AND straight info from the start)...maybe even some kind of order-guarantee
:angel

1 - 20 of 46 Posts