Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Re: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid

Thanks for posting this, LincolnFanFl

too often I forget to check Lincoln's Media site
(tho I have an autofeed of their facebook page
)
&
"The new MKZ is the first of four all-new vehicles Lincoln is introducing in the next four years."
I briefly thought the 7 new Lincolns were still gonna happen starting with the new Z
then
realized they started with the last MKX refresh

so
1. MKX
2. MKS
3. MKT
4. MKZ (Q4 2012)
5. MKuGa (Q4 2013)
I expect the new Navi will be out ~around~ the F-150's Q3 2014 Job1
&
a LincStang could be out ~around~ the n/g.Mustang's Q1 2014
but then
WHY do they say 4 years????
not even FLincMoCo could take until Q4 2016 do those^ 2, could they?

·
FIN Moderator
2,106 Posts
Re: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid

I briefly thought the 7 new Lincolns were still gonna happen starting with the new Z
then
realized they started with the last MKX refresh
I still don't think the MKX is one of the seven since the announcement was months after the MKX debuted. Plus, the MKX is due for a full redesign to fully differentiate it from the Edge.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts

·
Registered
5,007 Posts

·
Editor
1,173 Posts
Lincoln makes hybrid power a no-cost option - again.
www.GMInsideNews.com
October 15, 2012
By: Nick Saporito

Ford Motor Company apparently likes consecutive numbers when it comes to the fuel economy ratings of the company’s hybrid vehicles. First the 2013 Ford Fusion was rated at an impressive 47/47/47 mpg for city, highway and combined fuel economy. Now the Fusion’s Lincoln cousin has been given a triple rating, only at a slightly lower 45 mpg – figures that are likely raising brows at Lexus.

The 2013 MKZ Hybrid is powered by a naturally aspirated 2.0-liter four-cylinder that generates a projected 141 horsepower and 129 foot-pounds of torque while sipping regular octane fuel. In addition, the MKZ Hybrid will have an estimated 47 additional horsepower thanks to the electric drive motor.

Mechanical and electrical power will funnel through a continuously variable automatic transmission, similar to most other Ford hybrid vehicles.

MKZ’s natural competitor is the Lexus ES, which just happens to also have a hybrid variant, the ES300h. With a larger displacement of 2.5-liters, the ES300h has the fuel economy disadvantage with a rating of 40 mpg city, 39 mpg highway. Lexus hasn’t broken out the horsepower breakdown, though claims that their hybrid sedan achieves 200 horsepower total, which is nearly the same as the MKZ Hybrid.

Lincoln is also quick to tout that the MKZ Hybrid bests the smaller Lexus CT 200h, and the diesel variants of certain German luxury brands. While interesting, it isn’t likely that the MKZ Hybrid is going to be cross-shopped with diesels from Germany or the smaller CT 200h.

The Lincoln brand is continuing a pricing strategy that began with the current MKZ. There will be no price difference between the base MKZ and the MKZ Hybrid, meaning opting for the luxury hybrid sedan at Lincoln is a bit easier to swallow than having an extensive price hike over the conventional car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts