Ford Inside News banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The MKZ's I have drove included the i4GTDI, which was very quiet and smooth and torquey.

Of course, I did not have the time to listen to it through a bad cell phone video for audio quality -- lol
well maybe that could be, I don´t know what kind of device used the guy to film the video but it makes the engine sound weird

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It´s kind of funny how he tries to start the engine with the remote control but can´t do it :lmao:

·
Registered
267 Posts
LOL with the engine start. He waited way too long after pressing the lock button to hit the start button x2. As for the engine sounding unpleasant, I have yet to hear the average production car direct injected engine that doesn't sound pretty much like that to some degree (with the small displacement ones sounding the worst). I think his camcorder (you can see it in the reflection on the car a few times) really accentuates the ticking noise of the injectors.

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL with the engine start. He waited way too long after pressing the lock button to hit the start button x2. As for the engine sounding unpleasant, I have yet to hear the average production car direct injected engine that doesn't sound pretty much like that to some degree (with the small displacement ones sounding the worst). I think his camcorder (you can see it in the reflection on the car a few times) really accentuates the ticking noise of the injectors.
well I just hope someone else make a video like this with a better "device" to hear the real sound of the engine

·
Registered
267 Posts
It would be nice to have an accurate recording, but honestly the Eco 2.0 isn't a really sexy sounding engine. A friend had it in an Escape loaner and a Fusion loaner, and while it was a fun little engine with a good amount of zip, it didn't sound like anything but a small engine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts