Ford Inside News banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Looks pretty slick! I watched it on my phone. Can't wait to see it in person.

·
Registered
997 Posts
This is the production roof correct? Look at the rear door window. The C-pillar section is different from the concept. If that's the case then I'm happy that the tiny rear door vent window didn't make it keeping the rear passenger windows clean and true to the original concept design!!

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Ford Bets Glass Roof Will Reverse 63% Lincoln Sales Drop - Bloomberg News
By Keith Naughton and Craig Trudell
on March 30, 2012

from Page 2...
...To make sure the MKZ roof was water-tight, Lincoln deluged test models with thousands of gallons of water, while an engineer inside used a pen light to look for leaks, O’Donnell said.

SPF 100
“We tested that roof for over 14 months under the worst monsoon conditions,” O’Donnell said. “The roof also has an SPF factor of 100, so there’s no reason to worry about getting sunburned.”

To reduce noise, an air dam deploys when the roof opens to deflect the wind. When the car reaches 40 miles (64 km) per hour, 8 inches of the roof slides forward to mitigate the noise.

The roof also is designed to withstand a rollover, with a high-strength aluminum and boron steel frame that is built into the structure of the car, O’Donnell said. The roof is made of tempered safety glass that is 5 millimeters thick to cut noise...

·
Registered
126 Posts
It looks promising and hope this gets at least people to look into a Lincoln. It seems the roof goes farther because of the track, but no matter it doesn't have obstructions in the way of a person's view.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I really like the interior which makes me think it puts Lincoln in the mix of best interiors of the industry. Once the mkz comes it is surely going to steal mks sales, but that okay it looks like it's going to be the better product until the mks is all new.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
from what we can see it looks identical to the concept minus the paddle shifters

1 - 10 of 10 Posts