Ford Inside News banner

Lincoln MKZ Update Spied

8K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  SullyND 
#1 ·
Once again I have access to spy photos of a next-gen Lincoln, this time of an MKZ with some fascia camo, just covering the front bumper and grille area. It's hard to make out what's going on but you can see two chrome bars running across the fascia instead of the lincoln grille, it looks like nonsense so I can't imagine it's part of a design. In any case, something is going with MKZ, I suspect these are just cooling mules for an MCE that involves new engines (think 2.7L EB).

I'm not inclined to purchase these photos right now like I did with MKX just because it doesn't reveal much. Hopefully somebody will :)

Also saw interior shot of the new SuperDuty, looks identical to the new F-150 with the exception of the door trim, although part of that was missing.

#5 ·
The vehicle looks identical in every way to the current car, the only thing obscured is the front bumper and grille with a braw, the headlights are uncovered. I'm actually looking at two vehicles here, one is white and the other black, both with 20" wheels, no charging port evident anywhere on the vehicle. I don't have a clear shot of the rear on the black one, but the white version shows no modification.

To describe it further, you can see near the exposed headlight that the grille surround is there but the interior is missing (no bars). It actually looks like somebody punched a hole through the center of the fascia and put in some chrome bars to give it structure. Those bars are where the MKZ bumper would be right below the twin-kidney grilles It looks chopped off from the side, MKZ usually has a pointy nose.

#6 ·
$300 for these photos, set of 6.

The Super-Duty Photos include video and such, would probably be $500. Those MIGHT have been sold. Definitely the best photos I've seen of the truck to date, very close-up. Still heavily camoed but lots of interior photos which reveal plenty, even the backseat (shape of the rear passenger window in the crew cab looks identical to the new F-150 as well which likely points to a shared design). Ultimately it just looks like the new F-150 so not much to get terribly excited about unless that news alone is interesting (to me it is). Like the other prototypes spotted already, it has an obscenely massive vertical grille that eats up the bumper with those familiar oversized stacked headlights and dinky taillights which look almost carried over through the camo.

#11 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.