Ford Inside News banner

1 - 20 of 321 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts

A New Navigator Concept Is Most Spacious, Luxurious Lincoln SUV Yet,
Bringing Quiet Luxury to More Customers

Lincoln today reveals the all-new Navigator Concept, introducing quiet luxury to full-size SUVs and offering a glimpse at what comes next for the brand’s best-known nameplate.

"The all-new Navigator Concept reinforces our commitment to give every Lincoln client what we call quiet luxury – vehicles and experiences that are elegant, effortlessly powerful and serene," said Kumar Galhotra, president of Lincoln. "This kind of quiet luxury sets Lincoln apart. Now, we're showing fans of large SUVs how we can exceed their expectations, without being the loudest statement on the road."

Lincoln invented the large luxury SUV in 1997, and now is reimagining Navigator for modern clients interested in better performance, more space and further refinement.

Lincoln's design team drew inspiration from luxury sailboats and yachts when designing the new concept. This influenced everything from the clean, modern lines and Storm Blue paint on the exterior that mimics the grays and blues of sea and sky, to the teak finishes, custom gear and wardrobe management system found inside.

- See more at: https://media.lincoln.com/content/lincolnmedia/lna/us/en/navigator-concept.html#sthash.vcqEXEli.dpuf

·
Registered
528 Posts
So ... the doors, the steps, the dash, the steering wheel, the closet .... are e expecting this to be a bit more divorced from production that Continental?

Anyone cares to wager a bet?

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
So ... the doors, the steps, the dash, the closet .... are e expecting this to be a bit more divorced from production that Continental?

Anyone cares to wager a bet?
I'll bet we aren't too too too far off from a Navigator Black Label trim. The side steps will be one step, not three. If Lincoln brings these doors to production I was crap myself. The closet may be around in a much lesser way.

·
Registered
388 Posts
It has been said 90% production ready.

I imagine the Gull Wing doors will go. The steps, I don't know. The "terrain management" type of system was suspected, but is a lot more sophisticated than on the Explorer.

Love the sides and roof line. I am sure the Grille looks less "heavy" in person, which is the same on the Continental.

·
Registered
5,932 Posts
I hope that pop up nav screen is NOT there in the production model. I was happy Ford and Lincoln were not going that route and still doing the in dash design. To me it just looks cheap sticking up out of the dash like that.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
The blacked out C pillar is beautiful. This is honestly just very sweet. I really want to see production Lincoln with the lighted emblem!

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I hope that pop up nav screen is NOT there in the production model. I was happy Ford and Lincoln were not going that route and still doing the in dash design. To me it just looks cheap sticking up out of the dash like that.
I just hope they use a bigger screen, 8 inch is a little smaller for luxury SUVs now, the new LX has a really big 12+inch screen

·
Registered
388 Posts
I think when you get to a certain size screen, you almost have to do the pop-up. Otherwise, the dash to encompass it really starts to get tall. I really like the low cowl on the dash in this concept. It will make the interior feel much lighter and brighter.

Of course, that is just my opinion.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Personally, I'm disappointed.... I don't know maybe it'll grow on me, but I'm not a fan going so mainstream..... I also am disappointed it has the same engine with a higher tune..... Wanted a V8 option..... It's going back like the old days where you can tell this will be extremely watered down in production form.... That interior will never happen, nor those side steps..... Really wished big here....

·
Registered
456 Posts
Don't know how I really feel about the concept. I don't like all the "concepty" features as I like to be more realistic and that may be adding to my iffiness....one things for sure, I need to see it in another color ASAP

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Personally, I'm disappointed.... I don't know maybe it'll grow on me, but I'm not a fan going so mainstream..... I also am disappointed it has the same engine with a higher tune..... Wanted a V8 option..... It's going back like the old days where you can tell this will be extremely watered down in production form.... That interior will never happen, nor those side steps..... Really wished big here....
You wished big... and have a problem that they went too big? Sounds like all you've got a problem with is the engine. Which is silly as a V8 holds basically no benefit over the 3.5TT.

1 - 20 of 321 Posts