Ford Inside News banner

41 - 60 of 321 Posts

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
For those that wanted it in black:

Let me know if there are any other color requests, and I'll get to them sometime tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
For those that wanted it in black:

Let me know if there are any other color requests, and I'll get to them sometime tomorrow.
Can you try one with a shorter center grille?

Reactions: 2b2

·
Registered
528 Posts
LIVE PHOTOS: http://autospies.com/news/NYIAS-World-EXCLUSIVE-Simply-The-BEST-Real-Life-INTERIOR-Pictures-Of-The-All-New-Lincoln-Navigator-Concept-87902/

I'll bet we aren't too too too far off from a Navigator Black Label trim. The side steps will be one step, not three. If Lincoln brings these doors to production I was crap myself. The closet may be around in a much lesser way.
True -- I guess there is too much concept to see the things I care about: interior trim, door treatment. It will make the production care very different. Continental did that sort of reveal very well.

The Verge said that Lincoln openly stated that Gullwings are there only to "provide better view of the interior. NILL chance of them making it to production. http://www.theverge.com/2016/3/23/11288948/lincoln-navigator-concept-announced-new-york-auto-show-2016

But it is very clear the color combo is going to become a new BL trim --- a nautical theme. Which -- given the target audience makes a whole lotta sense

Hmmmm.
I need to see it in black, as I hate that color. And it's everywhere, including the interior.
Sadly, this is the color that will stay. I am 95% confident this will become a Navi exclusive Bl trim -- as with the blue suede in Continental.

THANKS! :+1:

I like the concept better than the Ranger Rover myself, but yes, I'm beginning to wonder when, if ever Lincoln will show an original design.

Another thing you can write off on the exterior, along with the doors is the dramatic dropping roofline. I'll be very shocked if it isn't almost, or entirely gone.

Edit: Thankfully they didn't black out the roof.
See without the full-float roof, or the heavy creasing, this really has very little RR vibe for me. RR has a specific look, and this has none of it -- just a LARGE SUV

EDIT: Originally in this post I claimed that Autoblog, not Verge mentioned the concept-only nature of the gullwings.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
It seems to have a rear view mirror like the CT6, also wonder if that would be on the production model:

I still think the center nav screen should be bigger!

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
I like it a lot more after seeing the live shots of it. The press photos almost give it a bit of "bloaty-ness" to the design, whereas in the live shots, it looks more squared (in a good way) or the design elements look "tighter" I'm not sure if I'm making any sense?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Can we notice and appreciate the extent to which Lincoln has normalized BLUE LATHER as an interior finish? It took me a fair amount of time to realize that the concept is once again blue inside.

I think that is a such a fun, and maybe important differentiator for Lincoln cars -- the willingness to be traditionally bold.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Can we notice and appreciate the extent to which Lincoln has normalized BLUE LATHER as an interior finish? It took me a fair amount of time to realize that the concept is once again blue inside.

I think that is a such a fun, and maybe important differentiator for Lincoln cars -- the willingness to be traditionally bold.
Greatly Dare? ;)

·
Registered
2,609 Posts

Oh I think it's great! I like the blue interiors too.

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
It remains BOF IMO, same platform as the f150 and all aluminum.
Other ver: it gets the 3.0l T and the 3.5l T

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Reactions: 2b2

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
The tablet style dash is no good..... I like the grille, but I'm not a fan of the overall appearance....
...I just wish it was a different color
I believe a LOT of the qualms will be just the Concept
&
expect a diff color in Beijing ... imho

Jose said:
aluminum?
I'd bet money the concept isn't, but the production Gator will be. Steel is easier to work with for a one off vehicle like a concept.
...I'm sure it's aluminum.
imho much of the Concept is fiberglass
tho
the production will be as aluminum-y as the F-150

@rmc523 ,
request for copper-conti-like paint and if you're up to changing the grille/etc
WHY not make a new thread for that :joyous:

edit
Did someone post a Link to Lincoln's Media page? (dunno if we can download pix or not yet)

41 - 60 of 321 Posts