Ford Inside News banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Navigator is not only Lincoln's longest-serving nameplate – dating back to 1998 when the final Town Car was introduced – but it's also the oldest model still in the brand's portfolio. The current Navigator arrived on the market in 2007, and underwent a refresh just a few months ago for the 2015 model year. The updates were subtle, but if you're waiting for an all-new model, it's just a couple of years down the road.

According to Automotive News, Lincoln is already working on an all-new replacement for the current, long-serving Navigator, which will be revealed two years from now in the middle of 2016 as a 2017 model. At that point, we're expecting it could switch (alongside the Expedition) to the new aluminum architecture introduced on the Ford F-150, seeing as how the current model is based on the old F-150.

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/08/21/2017-lincoln-navigator-report/

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
the only question I have is what are they thinking about the front and grille! I like the 2015 grille but in a lot of webpages (Autoblog,carscoop,etc) I saw that people don't like the front and grille!

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
the only question I have is what are they thinking about the front and grille! I like the 2015 grille but in a lot of webpages (Autoblog,carscoop,etc) I saw that people don't like the front and grille!
The new grille looks great and a version of that grille will look even better attached to a new leaner more up to date and aerodynamic body.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
if you mean the article's Comments (which my puter woN'T show
)
They're NOT THINKING ... otherwise they'd be FiN members posting HERE :nevreness:

It looks way better to me than the current chicken wire grille.
imho the crossgrid grille
- was too close a "pastiche" of the Kennedy Continental
- was never given a chance to "develop"
- looked Wonderful on the concept (Navicross? I can't check)
- looked even better on my ancient LincStang chop
- will possibly provide inspiration for a new Lincoln Look in a number of years
- will be Very popular *&* award-winning IF Max sticks around to do it

&
words from ^above^
"too close", "develop","inspiration", "MAX!"
imho
the Approvers
need to loosen the reins on their DesignGENIUS
the new Xconcept is too fomulaic imho...
[email protected] posted a great photo-pose of the 'conX' today but not close enuf to the Cuv to chop
so I asked if they'd post another/better version...
...to demo what I might do to DRIFT towards the nextgen horizontal slats + a bit of side sculpting 'sorting'
re-imho
gradual, organic kaizen is usually much better than a sea-change

1 - 9 of 9 Posts