Ford Inside News banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LINCOLN NAVIGATOR NAMED ONE OF THE CAR BOOK’S 2015 BEST BETS

DEARBORN, Mich., March 9, 2015 – The Lincoln Navigator has been named one of The Car Book’s 2015 Best Bets – the only large premium utility to achieve this honor.

The award, in conjunction with The Center for Auto Safety and The Car Book, is based on analysis of new vehicles in nine categories: crash tests, safety features, rollover, preventative maintenance, repair costs, warranty, fuel economy, complaints and insurance.

Only vehicles with outstanding crash ratings are considered for Best Bets. Earlier this year, the 2015 Lincoln Navigator earned a five-star Overall Vehicle Score from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.

In addition to excellent crash ratings, the latest Lincoln Navigator features a new exterior design for a more refined appearance and a fresh, luxuriously appointed interior. Lincoln Navigator also offers best-in-class towing capacity of 9,000 pounds, when properly equipped, and better second-row head room and second-row leg room than Cadillac Escalade.*

https://media.lincoln.com/content/l...amed-one-of-the-car-books-2015-best-bets.html

·
Registered
436 Posts
Re: Lincoln navigator named one of the car book’s 2015 best bets

Way to go Navigator! I knew you had it in you.

·
Registered
5,402 Posts

Not to dump on Lincoln's big(?) moment, but has anybody ever heard of "The Car Book" before? If you Google "The Car Book's 2015 Best Bets" this thread is literally the third link! Their web-site www.autosafety.org looks like it was designed about five minutes after the debut of the Internet!

We're at the point that their may well be enough awards to give each vehicle one minimum!!

·
Registered
5,402 Posts

As long as the Navigator keeps printing money to pay for its replacement and maybe some other projects at Lincoln...!
Agreed! It's increased sales are very impressive. My point is just these "awards" are so plentiful as to become almost meaningless.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts

This is a CAS (Center for Automotive Safety) publication which is a lobby group established by Ralph Nader and others in the 70's. The fact it relies on NHTSA data means it's mostly useless.

·
Registered
401 Posts

Not to dump on Lincoln's big(?) moment, but has anybody ever heard of "The Car Book" before? If you Google "The Car Book's 2015 Best Bets" this thread is literally the third link! Their web-site www.autosafety.org looks like it was designed about five minutes after the debut of the Internet!

We're at the point that their may well be enough awards to give each vehicle one minimum!!
Most recent comparisons between the Expedition and the Tahoe all of them reached the same verdict that the Expedition with a modest refresh outclassed the all new fully redesigned Tahoe. So, based on that, the Navigator is better than the Escalade since the latter is a rebadged Yukon.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts

Most recent comparisons between the Expedition and the Tahoe all of them reached the same verdict that the Expedition with a modest refresh outclassed the all new fully redesigned Tahoe. So, based on that, the Navigator is better than the Escalade since the latter is a rebadged Yukon.
Well, judging by what many reviews are reading, and keep in mind I have driven neither of these vehicles, the Escalade seems to have quite a bit more differentiation from its platform-mate than the Navigator does. That being said, considering how much I love the EcoBoost power and torque, the exterior styling, the towing capacity, and I hate the Escalade price tag, vertical taillights, and grille the size of Rhode Island, I can definitely get over the Escalade being the overall better vehicle that it is. I am not in the market for either though, sadly.

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
Lincoln Navigator: The Car Book's 2015 Best Bet

LINCOLN NAVIGATOR NAMED ONE OF THE CAR BOOK’S 2015 BEST BETS
Lincoln

- The Car Book’s 2015 Best Bets award is based on several criteria, including crash tests, safety features, rollover, preventative maintenance and fuel economy

- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration previously awarded the 2015 Lincoln Navigator a five-star Overall Vehicle Score in its New Car Assessment Program

DEARBORN, Mich., March 9, 2015 – The Lincoln Navigator has been named one of The Car Book’s 2015 Best Bets – the only large premium utility to achieve this honor.

The award, in conjunction with The Center for Auto Safety and The Car Book, is based on analysis of new vehicles in nine categories: crash tests, safety features, rollover, preventative maintenance, repair costs, warranty, fuel economy, complaints and insurance.

Only vehicles with outstanding crash ratings are considered for Best Bets. Earlier this year, the 2015 Lincoln Navigator earned a five-star Overall Vehicle Score from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.

In addition to excellent crash ratings, the latest Lincoln Navigator features a new exterior design for a more refined appearance and a fresh, luxuriously appointed interior. Lincoln Navigator also offers best-in-class towing capacity of 9,000 pounds, when properly equipped, and better second-row head room and second-row leg room than Cadillac Escalade.*

Powering the new Navigator is the 3.5-liter EcoBoost® engine, which delivers an excellent combination of power and fuel economy. It produces 380 horsepower, making this the most powerful Navigator ever, with best-in-class fuel economy. EPA-estimated fuel economy ratings for 4x2 configuration are 16 city/22 highway/18 combined mpg. Actual mileage will vary.

*Class is Luxury Extended Utilities

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
In 'bang-for-your-buck' refreshes, not sure many can top the Navigator! Was up 20% last year, and so far up almost 70% YTD! Plus, it is drawing big spenders into Lincoln, which shows that the brand, with the right product, can pull people back in. The more I think about it, the more I realise how important and telling the current Navigator success is for Lincoln... if they're bringing in even just 10 grand profit per unit (and I suspect it's higher, maybe much higher...) that's an extra $100,000,000 for Lincoln in 2014!

And if the trend continues, they should sell well over 15,000 units in 2015...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts