Ford Inside News banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You read that right, Lincoln needs a van.

I envision something like the Mercedes Sprinter, built mainly for the livery market, or individuals who want an adventure vehicle alternative. Its main purpose would be to prevent the Navigator and Continental from being used extensively used in the livery segment.

Based on the transit, the Lincoln version would be more visually appealing and more capable, maybe even make it available in black label variants. It would definitely be an improvement over the MKT.

Do you agree?

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
No. They've worked hard to rebuild the brand's image. No need to just cast that aside by offering a van.

The Sprinter vans are also primarily work vans. Lincoln doesn't need a rebadged Transit.

Reactions: Andrew L and SP1966

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Yes, China is different. But the US, no.

Reactions: SP1966 and djhogie

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
They could do that with the Navigator or Aviator if they really wanted to get in that market

·
Registered
273 Posts
They could do what Volvo and Land Rover do with the XC90 and the Range Rover. They can just make the Navigator or Aviator a 4 seater with an expansive interior.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
They could do what Volvo and Land Rover do with the XC90 and the Range Rover. They can just make the Navigator or Aviator a 4 seater with an expansive interior.
I've said for a while a Navigator "Executive" package would be cool with 2 reclining seats in the back.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
I have seen conversion kits for Chevy/GMC vans with Cadillac front clips

looks awful A&S does not look well with a very short hood. Makes me wonder if anyone has added a Lincoln front clip to a Transit or Econoline, I sure hope they haven't but just curious.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Absolutely not! Lincoln is trying to build credibility as a luxury marque and a van doesn't fit with that in any way. Mercedes can get away with it because it is widely known that they build trucks and commercial vehicles. And no, Ford products don't have the same relation to Lincoln.

In China, Buick is not a "luxury" marque. Lexis is a "luxury" marque but note that their van is only a concept, with no announced production plan.

Besides all this, there is no foreseeable business case for a Lincoln van.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow most don't agree? :lmao:

Seriously though, I'm not understanding how many don't see the potential for a luxury Lincoln transportation van (yes even in the US). How would that lessen Lincolns "credibility" if it's only available for the livery market or special "coach" orders? It would definitely decrease the number of Navigators, Continentals, and MKT's used in the livery market. If anything, the broad use of mainstream models like Navi and Conti lessens Lincoln's credibility as a luxury marque. Using the Transit Connect platform would obviously reduce R&D and Lincoln is proving that it can now sufficiently differentiate itself from the Ford products its vehicles are based on.

Clearly I'm not talking about work versions for tradesmen, that would obviously be out of the question for a Lincoln, Ford can take care of that segment.

Something like this for a base model (a black labled version would be outstanding).

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Wow most don't agree? :lmao:

Seriously though, I'm not understanding how many don't see the potential for a luxury Lincoln transportation van (yes even in the US). How would that lessen Lincolns "credibility" if it's only available for the livery market or special "coach" orders? It would definitely decrease the number of Navigators, Continentals, and MKT's used in the livery market. If anything, the broad use of mainstream models like Navi and Conti lessens Lincoln's credibility as a luxury marque. Using the Transit Connect platform would obviously reduce R&D and Lincoln is proving that it can now sufficiently differentiate itself from the Ford products its vehicles are based on.

Clearly I'm not talking about work versions for tradesmen, that would obviously be out of the question for a Lincoln, Ford can take care of that segment.

Something like this for a base model (a black labled version would be outstanding).

Because people see a fleet of Lincolns outside waiting at the airport and think cheap fleet vehicle that's just a fancier taxi.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts