Ford Inside News banner

Lincoln new MKZ ad with McCaugnhey

17K views 35 replies 16 participants last post by  Extreme4x4 
#1 ·
#3 ·
MATTHEW MCCONAUGHEY GETS BEHIND WHEEL OF 2015 LINCOLN MKZ IN NEW ADS AIRING JAN. 1

In the bright spotlight of New Year’s Day college football bowl games, The Lincoln Motor Company will launch its newest ad campaign promoting the 2015 Lincoln MKZ and Lincoln MKZ Hybrid and featuring Matthew McConaughey.

Filmed in a style and tone consistent with last summer’s much-talked-about “Live in Your Moment” ads for the first-ever Lincoln MKC, the new campaign brings the attention back to the premium midsize sedan that has been Lincoln’s best-selling vehicle since arriving in showrooms two years ago.

“The overwhelming response to the MKC campaign sparked truly great awareness for Lincoln,” said Andrew Frick, Group Marketing Manager Lincoln. “Matthew’s natural storytelling ability perfectly complements the Lincoln story as we continue to raise awareness and drive conversation in creative and unexpected ways.

“Including Lincoln MKZ is a natural progression in our collaborative process, and we look forward to continuing the momentum with this campaign to share our brand with a wider audience.”

https://media.lincoln.com/content/l...-behind-wheel-of-2015-lincoln-mkz-in-new.html

#9 ·
I don't know...these ads or more the guy is kinda creepy to me.

If it's going to be a simple ad, I would rather see an ad of the car moving and the announcer taking about the car and it's features.
They're trying to bring an trendy, artsy vibe to Lincoln. These ads are reminiscent of the original Infiniti ads with the exception being they actually show the cars a little bit. Personally I would rather see some smoking hot woman than MM, but then I think the MKC, and to a somewhat lesser extent, the MKZ, are more attractive to female buyers so MM makes sense.

#12 ·
I personally like both ads, they actually show the vehicle. That front corner shot of the MKZ is simply beautiful.
You guys are gonna wet yourselves when I show you a Top Gear China (yes, that exists!) magazine article and what they compare the MKZ to... the article is in Chinese, but it shows the Lincoln with some interesting competition in the photos...

#19 ·
These ads lack the iconic imagery and dialogue of the MKC ads so I don't think these are going to resonate in the same way.
To an extent, you are correct. But I feel like those ads going viral makes that type of ad a one-time thing. If they continued that style with the MKZ, it'd probably seem like they're trying to milk it and essentially beat a dead horse. We wouldn't see Conan videos, nor Ellen. Maybe ONE thing from SNL or South Park, but those would probably come with more flack towards the company than before.

If people saw a new commercial, this time with MM talking as a crow lands on the car, seeming perplexed, people would see it and think "Jim Carey would do this better. Maybe in his version of the commercial the crow ****s on the windshield." lol

These two ads seem to move the focus away from the parody jokes and onto stunning shots of the car and actually relatively meaningful dialogue.

#20 ·
guess how many smilies can be put in one post....

You guys are gonna wet yourselves when I show you a Top Gear China (yes, that exists!) magazine article and what they compare the MKZ to... the article is in Chinese, but it shows the Lincoln with some interesting competition in the photos...
Don't have the pics handy (snapped a few of the magazine), but hopefully can show them tonight!
...edit
ummm....
is that US-continental Night or China-Night??
You just eat, breathe and sleep Lincoln, don't you?!

China night, I'm afraid... so in about 7 hours from now... unless my internet is acting up again. Wonder if Obama had his hand in that last night...?
:toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap:
:angel

#21 ·

Attachments

#22 ·
Lincoln, Cadillac, and Chrysler (300)... not sure if this is simply a round-up of American luxury sedans, or if these cars will be closely compared to each other on the market, but either way, I think that it's a positive for Lincoln, especially since Cadillac is still growing in popularity here.

I also am convinced that the RWD versus FWD debate is essentially a non-story in China, as luxury cars here are NOT driven hard. Get the looks and interior features / details right, market it properly, and the game can belong to anyone.

#23 ·
Oops! I blame North Korea.

View attachment 11058

View attachment 11066

View attachment 11074

That was the best I could do photographing a glossy magazine page with a 5 MP phone camera under bright lights! :)
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: ...tho I blame SONY

but
from your comment I thought it was going to be Bentley and ... ?

either way, now i can finally get some sleep

#25 ·
^ tho it's very hard (impossible!) for me to understand anyone (who has been in both) to compare Lincoln to Buick
tho
it'll be nice in the future if China sales numbers are similar
:wink:

ps
Paul, when you visited the Lincoln dealer, you DID get to sit in them, right?
& were you offered a testdrive?
(( think we need to bump your thread!! ))

#26 ·
^ tho it's very hard (impossible!) for me to understand anyone (who has been in both) to compare Lincoln to Buick
tho
it'll be nice in the future if China sales numbers are similar
:wink:

ps
Paul, when you visited the Lincoln dealer, you DID get to sit in them, right?
& were you offered a testdrive?
(( think we need to bump your thread!! ))
Yes, I could sit in all of the models in the showroom, and they even had them plugged in so that the interior lights would come on (without killing the batteries). Nice touch! I did not get a specific offer for a test drive, but I also turned down the offer for an English-speaking salesman, so no fault there. I simply wanted to wander around and get my own impressions.

During my next visit, to the other dealership, I will definitely talk to someone and see if a drive is possible!

Oh, and I certainly don't compare Lincoln to Buick, I was just worried that it might be pigeon-holed there in China simply because it's an unknown. This CTS comparison is a good sign!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.