Ford Inside News banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
All I said was that Lincoln should have something that Ford does not have. Where did I say platform sharing was bad? Please show me.
That's fair. Then we agree.

I guess what I should have said was:

"If you don't like platform sharing then you're gonna have a bad time. But if you have faith in the way Lincoln is heading, given the continued leaps and bounds of improvements and differentiation, I think you'll be satisfied."

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
following from an fb convo to an article to a video ...& hopefully to NAIAS...

This Lincoln MKZ Is Helping To Advance Self-Driving Technology
FordAuthority / AutolineDetroit

by Aaron Birch — Jan 6, 2017

We would consider Ford to be something of a leader in the race to bring vehicle autonomy to the masses, but the automaker is far from the only player in the field; everyone from Tesla Motors, to Google, to Uber is competing to be the first to make self-driving technology ready for primetime.

And then, there’s a company called Renesas, which brought a self-driving 2017 Lincoln MKZ to the 2017 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas this week. It’s still only a prototype, as should be apparent in the Autoline clip above based on the large, unsightly ranging sensor on top and the trunk full of unhidden equipment, but it was brought along for demonstration purposes nonetheless.

According to Renesas Marketing Manager of Advanced Drive Systems Solutions John Buszek, Renesas has attempted to make headway on several of the most important problems facing future autonomous cars: offering redundancy for the purpose of safety, lowering power consumption, and baking in some level of cyber security to mitigate the risk of hacking. To those ends, Renesas’ self-driving Lincoln MKZ can find a safe place to pull over on its own in the case of an emergency, consumes just 25W of electricity to run its autonomy-related equipment, and makes use of signal encryption and authentication to defend against cyber attacks.

For the full scoop on Renesas’ autonomous Lincoln MKZ and how it’s helping to advance self-driving technology, be sure to watch the full Autoline video:
Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS)

·
Registered
10,940 Posts
They could have at least introduced the Head Up Display on the Conti, right? LOL!:wink2:
I have owned several GM vehicles with HU. Useless, IMO. It was cool for like a week, then I never even used it except on occasion I would remind myself I had it......for like a second.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I have owned several GM vehicles with HU. Useless, IMO. It was cool for like a week, then I never even used it except on occasion I would remind myself I had it......for like a second.
I had one on my 2006 M5 and really liked it..

21 - 31 of 31 Posts