Ford Inside News banner

161 - 171 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Much to appreciate on page 16 of this thread. I'm a happy man tonight!

·
Registered
330 Posts
I found this piece on the Aviator, not sure if it’s just them speculating about things or if has any truth..
http://www.thevirtualdriver.com/drivers-seat/2018/3/30/the-aviator-returns-to-lincoln.html
“Unlike the next-generation Explorer hybrid, which will use mechanically driven front and rear axles, Lincoln may appropriate the Mach 1’s electric front axle for its hybrid.
With a full battery charge, this design would default to electric drive, using the electric front axle to pull it around. As battery reserves drain, it would then switch to become a rear-drive hybrid, using a combination of the twin-turbo V6, and electric motor sandwiched between the engine and transmission. When all-wheel drive is needed, the battery pack would power the front axle, with the electric motor acting as a generator as the battery level drops below a predetermined level. To preserve battery capacity, the driver would have the opportunity to lock out electric drive, preserving it for later, or set the system to recharge the battery pack while driving. This would guarantee the maximum available electric power is available for areas like central cities and other areas with a combustion engine ban.“

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
I suppose it’s possible, but I doubt they’d use different hybrid systems on the Explorer and Aviator. We also already know that the 3.0 EB/HEV system exists, so I don’t know if the 2.3 or 2.7 comments in the article are accurate either. This is the first I’ve heard of a Continental crossover as well. Heck, just make something like the Navicross concept from years ago, which was basically like a sedan up on stilts.

Reactions: spudz64

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
The New Lincoln Aviator Scheduled to Land Soon
The three-row crossover charts an intriguing design departure from many of its peers
RobbReport
- Laura Burstein - April 10, 2018

Lincoln turned heads this year at the New York International Auto Show with a preproduction version of the all-new Aviator—a model with an alluring design and three-row practicality. Smaller than the Navigator, the Aviator will compete with other luxury crossovers such as the Lexus RX.

At a time when many manufacturers are pushing aggressive designs, Lincoln design director David Woodhouse and his team are taking a different approach.

“We don’t want to be about attack; we want to be about seduction,” Woodhouse told us. The mantra of the Aviator is “quiet flight,” taking inspiration from gliding and ballet dancing. Woodhouse points out subtle movements in the sheet metal, which he calls the “S-curve,” on the side body panels and hood. This is a noticeable contrast to other brands’ designs that employ sharp angles and severe creases...

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
That article mentioned you can set a temporary passcode for valet use, so I guess that explains that.

Reactions: Logans Run and 2b2

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
The interior’s navy-and-tan color combination is similar to that of vintage aircraft.
Told you all it was dark blue and SOMEONE wanted to blame the blue lighting from the Ford stand :-(

Reactions: 2b2

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #167 (Edited)

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Ford will be using CD6 for everything above the Focus and below the Expedition / Navigator.
Sedans are going to ride on 114 to 120 inches wheelbase (Mondeo/MKZ 114 and Continental120)
CUV are going to ride on 114 Inches (Including S-Max and Galaxy)
110 for Coupe Models
Shorter overhangs!! The Mondeo will have almost the same size as today´s Mondeo, just better utilization of the internal space thanks to the increase of wheelbase.
Ok. What part of this info is correct? Because yesterday Ford officially killed all the sedans in USA (including the Modeo brother, the Fusion).

1- Is a Mondeo without a Fusion for USA possible?
2- It may be possible a midsize sedan only for Europe and China?
3- Did you see that new Mondeo?
4- It may be possible the next Mondeo and the Lincoln MKZ replacement will be the same vehicle?
5- You are talking about "coupes on 110 ichs wheelbase"... is the next Mustang? There will be a coupe for Lincoln?

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
imho 4 & 5 ^ mostly
Ok. What part of this info is correct? Because yesterday Ford officially killed all the sedans in USA (including the Mondeo brother, the Fusion).

4- It may be possible the next Mondeo and the Lincoln MKZ replacement will be the same vehicle?
5- You are talking about "coupes on 110 inch wheelbase"... is the next Mustang? There will be a coupe for Lincoln?
&
crossreference: Re: Fusion/Fiesta/Taurus Officially... ..."never mind" [Emily Litella]

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ok. What part of this info is correct? Because yesterday Ford officially killed all the sedans in USA (including the Modeo brother, the Fusion).

5- You are talking about "coupes on 110 ichs wheelbase"... is the next Mustang? There will be a coupe for Lincoln?

Answers:
1- Yes, it is possible. In first place because the Mondeo can be sold in the rest of the world. I disagree with the decision of killing the cars in USA, I think is something that will have to be revert sooner than later, but as of today it is what we have.
2- Right now China will see the next generation, I am not sure about Europe.
3- I have not seen it, but I saw the next MKZ draws and I have to say that this car, whatever name they decide to use for it, is beautiful, pushing Lincoln´s image upward.
4- Yes. They will be the same.
5- There are many things I can not say, but there is one I can. Lincoln will have a full line by 2020. And I think this is the direction our company want to take. Ford Trucks and SUV, Lincoln SUV, CUV and Cars. But this is just my guess.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Answers:
1- Yes, it is possible. In first place because the Mondeo can be sold in the rest of the world. I disagree with the decision of killing the cars in USA, I think is something that will have to be revert sooner than later, but as of today it is what we have.
2- Right now China will see the next generation, I am not sure about Europe.
3- I have not seen it, but I saw the next MKZ draws and I have to say that this car, whatever name they decide to use for it, is beautiful, pushing Lincoln´s image upward.
4- Yes. They will be the same.
5- There are many things I can not say, but there is one I can. Lincoln will have a full line by 2020. And I think this is the direction our company want to take. Ford Trucks and SUV, Lincoln SUV, CUV and Cars. But this is just my guess.

This post is very relevant and, if all this is true, very good for Ford (in Europe...) and Lincoln customers that want a sedan...

161 - 171 of 171 Posts