1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lincoln Retail Sales Rising as Continental is Revealed in New York
By Chris Rahi Kassab | Apr-02-2015 7:00 AM ET
Lincoln

Lincoln took center stage this week at the New York Auto Show with the reveal of the all-new Continental Concept, and the brand isn’t showing any signs of slowing down.

Retail sales for the month of March were up 7 percent compared to a year ago, and retail sales for the first quarter of the year were up 10 percent.

“For a luxury brand it’s all about retail sales,” said U.S. Sales Analyst Erich Merkle. “We have been building momentum with new products like the Lincoln MKC, which sold more than 2,000 vehicles last month, and the new Lincoln Navigator, which was up 47 percent in March versus last year.”

Merkle said the reveal of the Continental Concept in New York this week ups the ante for Lincoln.

“The history and power of the Continental name combined with a beautiful, modern American luxury vehicle is frankly quite overwhelming,” he said. “The responses that we are getting anecdotally have been off the charts, and what better place to unveil the vehicle than in New York, the top luxury market and the media hub of the world.”

He predicts that the production version of the Continental, which is scheduled to launch next year, will be a hot seller for Lincoln both in the U.S. and in China.

“The new Continental also gives Lincoln a flagship – a halo sedan if you will – that says this is the essence of what Lincoln stands for,” Merkle.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts

Lincoln took center stage this week at the New York Auto Show with the reveal of the all-new Continental Concept, and the brand isn’t showing any signs of slowing down.

C'mon, at the rate of one car per year could they actually slow down? :thumb:

·
Registered
528 Posts
Aviator
refreshed MKZ
Continental, and potentially less lux MKS
Navigator
plenty rumblings of lincstang and other models ...
The latter half of this ought to continue with one a year (at least)

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I'm curious where the rest of the lineup is going to go as far as design. I mean they just debuted the MKX with the split wing grille and then a month later show a new design language. I'm guessing both designs gonna be sold together for a little while? Plus what way will the refreshed MKZ go, wings or no wings.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
I'm curious where the rest of the lineup is going to go as far as design. I mean they just debuted the MKX with the split wing grille and then a month later show a new design language. I'm guessing both designs gonna be sold together for a little while? Plus what way will the refreshed MKZ go, wings or no wings.
Welcome to the forum, badhac
&
take a look at The Grille Poll
you can vote on which models you'd like to see get the new Continental-style (Star-Shadow, my term) grille

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts